Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sadagain Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2009, 01:24 PM
    Something didn't feel right.
    I was seeing a guy for a little over a month. I'm 38 he is 24. When I first met him I told him I was older than him and asked him if that mattered to him. He said it didn't. But we decided that it would be a casual relationship.

He came over one day to just hang out,when after he left I didn't talk to him that night, not unusual. The day after we spoke through a few text messages. The third day after I saw him he told me that when he saw me last time that something didn't feel right, That its just not working. He had said he didn't know what it was, he wasn't sure. He said maybe that he needs someone a little more his age, more him. I'm not sure if this was it or did he just losE interest or was no longer attracted to me. I wish I knew the reason. I can't really tell.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2009, 01:45 PM

Speculating on why he left is a moot point and an exercise in futility.
    I suspect that he is still of an age where partying and hanging out are his main priorities.
    Possibly,you were too settled for his taste.
    Perhaps he felt you were out of his league.
    Maybe he just wasn't that into you and it took a few dates to figure that out.
    Maybe he was seeing someone else that he liked better.
    Speculating on why won't serve any purpose.
    Get back on that horse if a guy is what you are looking for.
    2ndTime Posts: 191, Reputation: 12

Nov 11, 2009, 01:52 PM

Maybe he was looking for a sugar mama. You didn't shower him with luxury, so he probably felt he didn't need you. Or maybe he just wanted a sexual experience with an older woman and you were his experiment. Don't think too much about it and start dating a guy your own age again. There's so much fish in the ocean. If he contact you again, tell him to contact you again when he wants a serious relationship.

Nov 12, 2009, 05:44 PM
    Just a booty call
    I met a very attractive young man,25.I am anolder woman. It was instant attraction for both of us. I asked him what he was looking for , a relationship or fun.He said he was'nt sure. So him being so young I knew that a relationship would go nowhere. So we both decided that the relationship would be sex only. After the first night of great sex I asked him if he was sleeping with any one besides me. He said honestly no one but you and asked me the same question. I told him no one else that I just don't do that. He was happy to hear that and said good,then we have just each other. We would text each other about every other night. We would talk about what each of us wanted sexually.He wanted to know my fantasys and describe to me what we would do the next time we got together. Quite explicit stuff. This went on for about twelve days that was the time that went by before we had sex again. The sex again was great, at least I thought it was. Two days after he left I did not hear from him and usually only a day goes by before I would hear from him again,usually through text messages. So I text him first. He didn't reply,again not like him,he would always text back within minutes. After a few texts to him I received one back saying can't talk that he was busy. I waited two days and still no reply. I texted him after two days and he text me back saying he was sorry he had been really busy and been thinking. I knew what he had been thinking about. He said the last time we had sex something didn't feel right. That it just was not working. He said he wanted something else. I guess he meant besides sex. He also mentioned maybe he need someone his own age. What I'm confused about is maybe to him the sex was bad and didn't want to continue this or did he just want a couple of rolls in the sack with me. I just can't imagine a guy of this age giving up no strings attached sex. Maybe I can get a better insite on this one.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Nov 12, 2009, 05:52 PM
    The op has added more information in the Adult Sexuality forum:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/adult-...ll-415476.html
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 12, 2009, 05:55 PM
    Merged
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 12, 2009, 08:27 PM

You will never really know the truth, and can wonder forever is you want to.

The issue is that while age does not matter at time, the age difference is there and there will be maturity issues and interest issues.
    Or there may be sexual desire differences,

The result is, he wants to end it, so you move on.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2009, 11:23 PM
    Is there any point in speculating? I would not take it personally - who knows what a 24 year old guy really means?

You could take it at face value - perhaps something really was 'not quite right' for him. See it as a pleasant experience that didn't have the outcome you'd hoped.

Can I also add that if you don't want to be a booty call then pretending you only want sex is not the way to go.

Clearly you would have liked more.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Nov 13, 2009, 05:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sadagain View Post
    I just can't imagine a guy of this age giving up no strings attached sex. Maybe i can get a better insite on this one.
    I don't think this is about you or the sex, but about how he views himself. It seems he wasn't okay with being a 'booty call' after all.

It sounds like he is a young man who learned quickly that sex without strings isn't what he wants at this stage in his life.

What are you really wanting at the stage you are at?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2009, 07:22 AM
    Have you considered that idea... that this is fairly normal when starting to date. Sometimes it takes a few dates for one or the other to realize that it just isn't working... or in other words doesn't feel right.

Its possible that you are emotionally and intellectually more mature than he is at this time... or it just might be totally unrelated to that. That he came to realize you weren't "Clicking" at least for him on some other level.

Don't beat yourself up over it.

I'm a guy that almost always dated older women when I was younger. And I have no predjudice there. Doesn't matter the age... its best to get out of a relationship that isn't exactly working early, rathan later when peoiple get hurt worse.
    2ndTime Posts: 191, Reputation: 12

Nov 17, 2009, 10:30 AM

Contrary to myth that young guys only wanting sex, after reading many dating and relationship questions, I find that young guys want more than sex in a relationship. I suggest you read the dating and relationship questions and you'll see what I mean.

Feb 17, 2010, 10:58 AM
    It doesn't feel right
    I'm back again about this question."it doesn't feel right" I'm so confused on this. I had a no strings attached relationship with a 24 year old young man. I'm 38. I met him in October 2009. The first time we had sex everything was great. He couldn't wait to see me again. Later that month he did see me again. A few days later he called me to say "it just didn't feel right. I didn't understand. So the relationship was so called ended. In the next month i ran into him while i was out with friends. We exchanged a few text messages a few days later and he said it was nice to see me again.I told him the same. That weekend he was leaving for England and he said he planned on seeing me when he got back.Almost eight weeks passed and i received a text from him saying he was back. He started to talk about seeing me and how he couldn't wait to see me and how good it would be.Well about a week and a half later we did see each other again.This is what i can't really understand, he said the same thing to me again.He said "I have to be honest. "It didn't feel right" I'm beginning to think it's me, or is it him. Please help if you can. It's driving me crazy.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Feb 17, 2010, 11:40 AM

I think the SEXUAL side of things doesn't feel right to him, but that he'd like to have you as a friend.

Stop waiting for this guy, move on, and meet someone that DOES "feel right".
    CarrotTalker Posts: 392, Reputation: 189

Feb 17, 2010, 10:29 PM

Also keep in mind he is 24 and might have no idea what he's talking about lol.

Maybe you remind him of a relative so its confusing to him? (Since you are older).

Definitely move on and find someone else!

Feb 18, 2010, 02:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen View Post
    I think the SEXUAL side of things doesn't feel right to him, but that he'd like to have you as a friend.

Stop waiting for this guy, move on, and meet someone that DOES "feel right".
    Thank you for helping me with that. Do you think he was not sexually attraced,because the first time he never said "it didn't feel right" He wanted to see me again right away. He would also text me about what we would do for each other the next time we got togeher.I guess that's really why I was so confused.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2010, 02:59 PM
    He's 24 and he's probably inexperienced. You're older than him and I assume more mature. He's probably used to going out with women his own age, but something about you fascinates him. However when you get together he can't adjust to the differences in age, maturity, whatever.

It's probably all very simple and there is little point in you revisiting this situation. He's right that it's not right, but continuing to analyze it won't make the reasons any clearer.

In the end it doesn't matter if it's you or him - let it go. Let him go. You've had two tries at it and it just ain't working.

Jul 19, 2011, 04:55 PM
    Very confused
    I have been in a friends with benefits relationship for two years. The other day he told me he has a girlfriend now. Which is only of like two weeks they have been bf/gf. He told me he wanted to see me one last time. So we did and before he left I told him I won't see you again and he said wel you never know what happens,so lets see what happens. I don't understand why he would even see me once when he's in a new relationship and everything is so new. Please help. Confused. Does this mean he wants to continue this and plan on contacting me again?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 19, 2011, 04:59 PM

He didn't want to close his checking account.

Jul 19, 2011, 05:05 PM
    So do you think he will contact me again. Seriously? And is it that he hopes he can have both.

Thanks! So I'm thinking he wants to contact me again! He can't respect his girlfriend too much.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 19, 2011, 05:59 PM

He can't respect his girlfriend to much.

Or you either.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Things are changing, I feel annoyed. I feel uncapable of feeling any kind of emotion. [ 5 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for 9 months now, and I liked him for another 7 months before we started dating. Everything has been splendid besides a few ups and downs we have worked through together. In the past month though, I noticed my feelings for him were not as strong, and this both scared...

Did he or didn't he? [ 13 Answers ]

My boyfriend of only four months has been sending inapropriate text messages to other women. Although I only read one extremely inapropriate text that said"I've been daydreaming about that cowgirl outfit". He says the girl was an old fling, he saw here and she showed him pictures she took in Vegas...

Suiciding feel versus my living feel [ 4 Answers ]

hi all, I was good in studies at early stages and always conceal my sexual feels. Before one year I proposed to one girl my love. Surprisingly we two are loving one another. But we met once in 6 months. That's I met her recently after 5-6 months. But my problem is I am loving her without...

View more questions Search