Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jwsk0720 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2006, 09:09 PM
    Country name change
    If a country wants to change its name, how can the new name be officialized? Should the
    Country register the new name to any international organization? Is there any such organization that deals with the name change of a country? Or is it enough for the country to announce its new name to international society? What is the process that a country's
    Name change is universalized and come into effect under international law?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 8, 2006, 08:21 AM
    The ruling body of that nation merely declares its new name following the requiremets of that nation. For the US since it is part of our Constitution, would or should require a constitutional amendment.

In a area where you have a dictator, I would assume he merely declares a new name.

There is no controlling factor of international law.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Country name change [ 1 Answers ]

What brought about the name chage from Persia to Iran in 1932?

Out of Country (during H1B) and Change from F1 to OPT to H1B [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, First of all a great service and a great site with loads of useful information. Here is my scenario: Dec 2003 to May 2005 - F1 Status June 2005 to Sept 2005 - OPT (F1) Status Oct 1, 2005 to Dec 2005 - H1B status My company sent me to its branch in INDIA office for a special project...

Country [ 1 Answers ]

Howdy, I was just wonder'n if you know of any country concertsthat are coming up in the seattle area?! (Like Tim Mcgraw, Faith Hill, Kenny Cheasney, Martina Mcbride, and others) thanks for your help:)

Country codes [ 4 Answers ]

Who decided on the country dialling codes? When were these brought in? How were they decided? Country code +44 UK Country code +91 India etc...

View more questions Search