Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    milchen Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2009, 02:51 PM
    Debits and credits don't match
    I am so confused. I cannot seem to get my debits and credits to match and I know that means that the rest of my financial statements could be wrong. Can someone please point me in the right direction
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: xls Book2.xls (22.0 KB, 89 views)
    haider78605 Posts: 61, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2009, 03:46 PM

Hi

The data you provided is much scattered and you have not provided any heading every column is messed up with figures. Just make it clear which is debit which is credit where is the assets and where are liabilities and.

Separate your balance sheet and income statements with heading and proper format that may help you out to find you mistake. If you still do not find why your balances do not match then send me the data in arranged form I will try to help you out.

If you want I can send you the proper format for financial statements :)

Nov 10, 2009, 04:52 PM
    Sorry, I wasn't thinking. Here is a corrected attachment.
    Attached Files
  3. File Type: xls Book2.xls (23.0 KB, 99 views)

Nov 10, 2009, 05:07 PM

Hi

I reviewed the balance sheet the mistake was in the profit calculation I am sending you the sheet again with the corrected profit figure you have taken profit of 19090 but in fact profit is 41800. If you put this profit figure then your balance sheet is equal...

If you need any help in future feel free to ask :)Book2(1) corrected balance sheet .xls

Nov 10, 2009, 05:32 PM
    Thank you so much. I see what I did wrong now. I appreciate the help.

Nov 10, 2009, 05:39 PM

Thanks for the appreciation :)
    You are always welcome for your future questions :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credits and debits [ 3 Answers ]

I am not understanding which items to put under credits and which goes under debits. i.e. cash, accounts receivable, accts payable, rental revenue, supplies expense, etc. I do not understand which items go under which statement. i.e. adjustments, income statement,etc. :(

Debits and Credits [ 1 Answers ]

QS 2-3 Linking debit or credit with Normal balance C5 Indicate whether a debit or credit decreases the normal balance of each of the following accounts: a. Office Supplies e. Salaries Expense I. Interest Revenue b. Repair Services Revenue f. Owner Capital j. Owner Withdrawals c. Interest...

Debits and credits [ 4 Answers ]

When the question states : an inventory count shows $280 of cleaning supplies on hand? Do you subtract $280 from the cleaning supplies or does $280 stay as is... or does it go in the general journal as $920 because cleaning supplies are $1200?

Debits and credits [ 1 Answers ]

When you bill costumers for cleaning services do you debit accounts recievable and credit service revenue or debit service revenue and credit accounts recievable?

View more questions Search