Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bug_id_jack Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2009, 06:56 AM
    What is this small (2.5 mm) insect, tan/gray, dust/pollen-like camouflage
    This is a small insect I have seen twice in my house (near Ottawa, Canada). Once in the cool basement and once in the kitchen.

It is about 2.5 mm long, seems to have six legs, fairly long antennae, is a kind of tan-and-gray mottled dusty color, and seems to be camouflaged to look like a bit of pollen or dust. Back legs are fairly long. He seems to move very slowly.

The picture is of him on a tissue, under maximum magnification in macro mode for my camera. A bit fuzzy, but that's partly him.

Nov 10, 2009, 07:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bug_id_jack View Post
    This is a small insect I have seen twice in my house (near Ottawa, Canada). Once in the cool basement and once in the kitchen.

It is about 2.5 mm long, seems to have six legs, fairly long antennae, is a kind of tan-and-gray mottled dusty color, and seems to be camouflaged to look like a bit of pollen or dust. Back legs are fairly long. He seems to move very slowly.

The picture is of him on a tissue, under maximum magnification in macro mode for my camera. A bit fuzzy, but that's partly him.
    [IMG]Picture: http://www.flickr.com/photos/44483468@N05/[/IMG][/IMG]

Nov 10, 2009, 07:02 AM
    I can't make the "insert picture" thing work, so here is the URL to the photo:

Flickr: bug_jack's Photostream
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Nov 10, 2009, 07:14 AM

Here it is:
    Name:  Test.png
Views: 1718
Size:  10.5 KB
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Nov 10, 2009, 02:46 PM
    Possibly a species of seed bug?

Image Search Results

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Small Insect Bites [ 2 Answers ]

I sometimes get small, mildly itchy bites on my feet and legs at night that are not mosquito bites. My 3 cats often lie on my bed but I have checked them and my sheets over and they do not have fleas. They seem to happen more often in the fall. Does anyone else have this?

Pollen stains on paint [ 1 Answers ]

I have yellow pollen stains on the paint on one side of my car because of a dumb tree. The stains are faded a lot, but still very noticeable, they are just yellow streaks all over the side. I tried washing it like 4 times with water and soap then I tried with this wax soap. Any ideas on how I could...

Poison Sumac: #1 Pollen exposure #2 Get rid of it! [ 2 Answers ]

Is it possible to have a reaction to poison sumac without coming in contact with it or with anything that has touched it? :confused: We are renting a house that has a LOT of poison sumac in the back yard. I can just walk toward the yard and my forearms will start to itch. And some nights I...

What is this insect/bug? [ 19 Answers ]

Hi.. I got itching after I woke up in the morning. I found this bug near the place I sleep. Does anyone know what it is? I have never seen this kind of insect before.. its really small but I managed to take a pic from my cam! Thanks!

View more questions Search