Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drm55343 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Nov 10, 2009, 06:54 AM
    Cartoon that I can't remember
    I'm pretty sure it was a feature length movie. I saw it probably around 1984-86 (too young to remember). The only thing I do remember is there was a girl with her cat (who didn't talk or anything like that) and this old woman who turned out to be the villan. The old woman kept feeding the girl and her cat yams (or sweet potatoes... again can't remember).
    The old woman eventually showed herself to be the villan and I think the girl killed the old woman by telling her that she loved her (which destroyed her evil heart). Spikes came up from the ground and killed her in an artsy avant garde kind of way. The movie was pretty noir. I don't think it was disney... seemed kind of anime if I remember correctly
    Velasa Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2009, 12:38 PM
    Is there any chance you could be mixing things together? Because the bit with a girl and a cat being fed a lot of sweet potatoes sounds like a scene from the first Unico movie http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=628 But the rest of the description has nothing to do with it. The movie used to run on the Disney channel when I was a kid. That's the best I can do for you myself.
    drm55343 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Nov 16, 2009, 01:18 PM
    OMG! I just got done watching "Fantastic Adventures of Unico" on YouTube. You were right about the part with the Old Lady and the Girl (Katy... who coincidentally is also the cat. She gets transformed from a cat into a girl by Unico) and the sweet potatoes.

You were also right about getting 2 movies mixed up. I also watched some of "Unico in the Island of Magic" and I'm pretty sure that's the movie where the villain dies from spikes or light beams shooting through him. I am forever in your debt!

For anyone who hasn't seen these cartoons watch them on YouTube. It's amazing the ed up sh*t creators were able to get away with in cartoons in the 1980s.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't remember name of cartoon [ 2 Answers ]

I remember going to blockbuster as a little girl and always getting this vampire cartoon movie They were "vampire bats"who drank tomatoes? Lol I know it sounds silly but I remember loving it and I just can't remember for the life of me the movie can any one help?

I can't remember the name of a cartoon [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there! I can't remember the name of an older cartoon (I think it's a short one). It's about a cat which talks about herself with great pride... she spokes about how many mice she scarred since she was young... The cat has a little kitten which at one point is stollen by mice and she fights...

Old cartoon can't remember [ 1 Answers ]

This is a movie I've only seen once and I saw it as a kid.. I only remember 2 parts 1. there are faerie prostitutes 2. in the end a wizard kills some dude with a gun Please help

Can't remember sci-fi cartoon. [ 2 Answers ]

Sorry I don't recall much of it because I was a little boy back then but I remember watching this awesome cartoon about a squad of soldiers who were supposed to fight alien invaders. Also, they were all dressed in black suits(not MIB) and the name of their spec. force consisted of 4 or 5 words that...

Anyone remember this cartoon? [ 2 Answers ]

I remember a cartoon early 70's mid 80's it was about this team of guys and girls who made up a team that always beat the bad guys the characters all dressed like birds and the bird bill was there helmet visor ,they flew around in a space ship that turned into a phoenix with fire and all , anyone...

View more questions Search