Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    craignixon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2006, 07:45 PM
    ticket selling laws
    Hi there, I am an Ontario resident looking for an answer about selling tickets. I have a pair of tickets for a sporting event in Ontario that I am looking at selling on an online auction site. I obviously want the tickets to sell for as much as possible, but am wary of scalping laws. In my opinion these shouldn't apply to bidding sites, because silent auctions do stuff like this all the time, but I was hoping that someone with a law background would be able to give me some answers as to the legality of selling tickets for more than face value on an online auction site. Thanks
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2006, 10:08 PM
    Ticket Scalping in Ontario is governed by the <Ticket Speculation Act>

If you are found guilty under this act, the punishment is as follows:
    - NO JAIL TIME
    - A maximum fine of $5,000 (it could be less)

See http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/DBLaws/S...sh/90t07_e.htm for the complete <Ticket Speculation Act> statute and read through it yourself. (it is very short).

The NDP have criticized McGuinty over this and have tried to urge him to update it.
    tedylynn01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2012, 03:39 PM
    Is it legal to keep selling Nevada tickets which has no winners except $1.00 an $2.00. I was told that if there's no winners left in a box, that they are not allowed to keep selling them. Thanks, Lynn.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ticket for a vehicle that I no longer own [ 11 Answers ]

I live in the state of NY and I recently received 4 parking totaling to the amount of $625. The ticket was a computerized stub that just had the following information: violation (Here are the following violations on the ticket: 1. Improper plates 2. unregistered vehicle 3. no front plate 4. no...

Traffic Ticket [ 3 Answers ]

Hi,this question involves getting a speeding ticket,and when the officer drove off he did not ask me to sign the ticket,is this ticket a vaiid ticket now,as I have the green copy with out my signauteur on,so there will not be a signature on the white copy,I live in the state of Washington,thank,s

Traffic Ticket on Probation [ 3 Answers ]

Hi , my name is Cordell I was wondering how do tickets show up when you are on probation. Or do you tell your probation officer.

Should I pay for a ticket that I no longer own? [ 3 Answers ]

I live in the state of NY and I recently received 4 parking totaling to the amount of $625. The ticket was a computerized stub that just had the following information: violation (Here are the following violations on the ticket: 1. Improper plates 2. unregistered vehicle 3. no front plate 4. no...

Parking ticket?  HELP! [ 2 Answers ]

I sold a car on 02-04-2001 and it keeps coming back a costing me money. I was just sent a parking ticket bill that was giving to the car on 04-01-2001, 2 months after I sold it. I sent in a "lelease of liability" to the DMV when I sold it but it wasent recorded. Now I get a bill for $250 for a...

View more questions Search