Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SanC Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2009, 08:49 PM
    Swollen Cartilige
    Hey I just got a cartilige piercing @ ICING'S (gun) and I got it on Saturday... today's Monday... It's swollen and when I touch it it hurts... I clean it when I wake up... when I get home... and after I take a shower... I also twist it when ever I get the chance to @ skool... and when I do twist it... I Definitely make sure that my hands are clean... I've been reading about all of these people saying that you could get infected and go to the hospital... I DON'T WANT THAT TO HAPPEN TO ME! Also when I look @ my other ear they have a HUGE size difference... So simply all I wnt to know is if it's supposed to be swollen since it's only been 2 days and if it's supposed to be red... PLEASE HELP ME!:confused:

Nov 9, 2009, 08:52 PM

Also when I look @ it the clip is all the way to the ear.. I'm scared to pull the butterfly clip back because I don't know why... so I;m begging please help me!

Nov 10, 2009, 09:35 PM

Nevermiond I got it taken out
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2009, 02:23 AM

Sorry your question never got answered SanC

If you decide to get your cartilage done again do not get it done with a gun again, it should only ever be done with a needle or you can shatter the cartilage.

Nov 11, 2009, 10:54 PM

THANK YOU!

How do u know if your cartilige has been shattered?
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2009, 09:06 PM

Usually there will be hard lumps/bumps near the piercing, sometimes they will have to be fixed via surgery.

If you have the top of your ear pierced sometimes it can cause the top of your ear to 'droop' down.

Odds are you just had an infection but that is why guns and cartilage don't mix, there is too much force behind the gun as compared to a needle.

Nov 12, 2009, 10:34 PM

Okay it's really going down... I'm scared because there is a hard bump on the back of the ear.. but it's probably nothing... thank you sooo much!
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2009, 09:36 AM

Keloids are common with piercings, they often disappear on their own ;)

Good luck!

Nov 15, 2009, 11:38 PM

Thank you for all your help...

Nov 17, 2009, 10:36 PM

Thank you for all your help...
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2009, 12:15 AM

No problem, is it healing OK now you have taken it out?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Swollen eye [ 5 Answers ]

Well I'm not sure if this is the section to put this post but any help would be nice. Last night I noticed (after washing my face with my everyday wash) that my right eye was extremely swollen. I do not have allergies, my mother and older brother do but I never have. I did go to the...

My rat has a swollen eye [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, Ok so one of my pet rats has a really swollen eye. I have read up on some infections that rats get and some of them can be fatal. I called the only vet in the area and they said they wouldn't know what to do because they don't specialize in pets such as rats because they are a pest more...

Swollen all over [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I am new to this so here goes... my ankles, stomach, fingers and face have been very swollen or bloated. I've always been the type to retain water, but lately my ankles and heals hurts and feel very tight and sometimes I have pains in them. I look like I am 7 months pregnant (I'm...

Swollen vagina after sex.why? [ 2 Answers ]

Tonight I had a session with my boyfriend and right after I noticed that I was really swollen. This has never happened before... and I have no clue why. I am completely clean (No STDs) and only 20 years old. I don't know if prolapses occur this young.. Around the opening of my vagina there is a...

View more questions Search