Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MSJACKSON Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2009, 12:43 PM
    Should I be receiving monthly payments?
    My husband was hurt on the job and is now blind he receives ssi benefit and medicare his doctor appointed me as his caregiver and I was told that I should receive some sort of caregiver income is this true and how do I go about getting it?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 9, 2009, 04:45 PM

Normally family can not receive income for caring for other family members.
    And to be honest I am not sure the doctor can "appoint" anyone his caregiver, that is his choice, the doctor can only recommend he have a care giver
    rosemcs Posts: 325, Reputation: 47

Nov 13, 2009, 09:35 PM

There is a possibility of getting the state to help pay for a caregiver through a place that specializes in medical staffing, nurse employment, homecare, clinical staffing and wellness services.

Maxim Healthcare may be one company. It may take many phone calls and searches. A case worker (or especially the manager) at a hospital where he is treated should know who to contact and apply with. The process takes a while to be approved, but if you can get a caregiver, then you will be able to breathe. You have such a responsibility.

I really hope the best for you during this very difficult time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Filed chapter 7 how do I continue making my monthly mortgage payments [ 2 Answers ]

Hi , I filed chapter 7 now the bank won't take my mortgage payment, they told me pay it through the bankruptcy courts. What do I do?

Alimony: Monthly versus annual payments [ 2 Answers ]

I am proposing to give my wife monthly alimony and a good portion of my year-end bonus. Can I pay her the portion of my year-end bonus in a lump sum and still have it considered alimony? Thanks cjohnsen

Retirement /monthly payments [ 1 Answers ]

Mr. Wise is retiring in 25 years. He would like to accumulate $1,000,000 for his retirement fund by then. He plans make equal monthly payments to achieve his goal. If the rate of return on the retirement fund is 12%, what will his monthly payments be?

Self Storage Company did not take my monthly payments as agreed [ 3 Answers ]

About 2 years ago I got a storage unit. At the time I gave them bankcard info to take out my monthly payemnts. In 2 years I never got a phone call or letter telling me there was a problem. I went to get something out of my storage and found myself locked out. At first they told me the manager...

View more questions Search