Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhoyle77 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2009, 08:45 AM
    Trying to start a cleaning service
    Needing some ideas on advertising my service? HELP!! Should I start by posting in grocery markets ?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 10, 2009, 12:31 AM
    Hi, rhoyle77!

What kind of cleaning service is this concerning, please?

Thanks!
    rhoyle77 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2009, 07:35 AM
    House cleaning or small commercial cleaning service. I would be working independently , I guess I just need some guidance on how to get started.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2009, 01:17 AM
    Hi again, rhoyle77!

I can help you with showing you how to get excellent exposure when advertising for free on the Internet. If interested in how to do that, please let me know on this thread.

Also, your best bet though with getting new business, is by word of mouth and approaching people in person. But, it also wouldn't hurt to take advantage of whatever free advertising that you can get.

Do you already have business cards and a piece of paper explaining the services that you have to offer, please?

Thanks!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Nov 15, 2009, 07:32 PM

Clough is 100% right, talk to everyone; friends, neighbors, acquaintances, friends of friends, etc anyone that will listen. They may not have business for you but they may know someone that does.

Join your local networking groups (you can find them in your local newspaper/s in the business section), your local Chamber of Commerce (and some nearby communities also), talk to any present clients that you may have now or that you get, etc. If you are doing a great job for them ask many times for referrals from them. Do a 'flyer' for residential homes, put up a notice with your tear off phone number on it for supermarkets, drug stores, etc, anywhere that they will let you. Take every minute that you can spare and distribute your flyers to all the homes that you can... never stop doing this...

The start up of a company is the most critical time, and requires you utmost dedication and time. YOu need to establish yourself first with a few customers.

For the small businesses that you mentioned, do not make up flyers, go see them personally. Try to find out whom to talk with and either talk to them then or make an appointment to so so later. Businesses are a different breed and is not like the residential business.

Do these things along with the help that Clough can provide you as he knows how to get results.

Stringer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to start a tiffin service or packaged food service in punjab mkt [ 2 Answers ]

For tiffin or packaged food service What should be My target population is 350 tiffins 1) capital investment 2) manpower requirement 3) location and space availbility 4) marketing statergy 5) implementation process

Trying to start my own cleaning service [ 9 Answers ]

I am trying to start my own cleaning business. I have passed out numerous of flyers and yet no response! How do I attract customers on a set budget and what questions do I ask to a potential client.

My cleaning service [ 3 Answers ]

How do I bid on cleaning jobs online?

Cleaning service start up [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all, I am interested in started up an office cleaning service, anyone know how I begin, bonding, licensing, proprosals, please help?

Can a convicted felon be bonded and insured to start a cleaning service [ 4 Answers ]

I live in NC and want to start a cleaning service. I know I need to get bonded and insured but I have heard that convicted felons can not be bonded. My conviction was 10 years ago here in NC. Before I spend a lot of time trying to start this business, I would like to know if I can be bonded....

View more questions Search