Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Smarrtz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2009, 07:48 AM
    Calculating depreciation
    I would like to know how answer ths question including how to use the formula. :)
    A company intends to purchase a new piece of machinery
    For $ 250, 000 that will depreciate by 6% half year after purchase. What will the machine be worth 5 years after purchase?
    haider78605 Posts: 61, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2009, 01:43 PM

This is not the answer I just want to know these details so I can answer this question for you and will explain it to you as well

I want to know that you said 6% half year after purchase it means that the machine is being purchased in the mid of the year and yearly depreciation is 12 %? If I am right then tell me I will solve it for you completely... One more thing which I would like to know is that you said 5 years after purchase it means that half year and then 5 years total 5.5 years am I right?
    Smarrtz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2009, 01:06 AM
    Oh.. sorry. I meant to say 6% per half year
    haider78605 Posts: 61, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2009, 03:55 AM
    smartz depreciation.xls
    This method will be the diminishing balance method .

I have calculate for 2 years so you can learn how to do it now you can calculate it for the rest of the three years . So then you will learn and can do it well in your exams.. :)

If you need anyfurther help feel free to ask

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Methods of Calculating Depreciation [ 2 Answers ]

What are the different types of calculating depriciation and how are they calculated

Calculating Depreciation [ 4 Answers ]

Swanson Service Center purchased a copier on January 1, 2009, for $18,000 and paid an additional $500 for delivery charges. The copier was estimated to have a life of four years or 800,000 copies. Salvage was estimated at $2500. The copier produced 230,000 copies in 2009 and 250,000 copies in 2010....

Calculating depreciation [ 1 Answers ]

What will be the depreciation amount if a company commenced in jan 2000 and it is having an asset of 100000 and the rate of depreciations is 10 percent and the company is winded up in June 2001 ,so what will be the depreciation amount

Calculating Depreciation [ 1 Answers ]

Dear sir/madame I am revising for my external exams and I face a problem about provision for depreciation. A specific example from a manufacturing exercise 1)Motor vehicle at cost - 120000 Provision for depreciation for motor vehicle - 40000 2)Plant and machinery at cost - 386000 ...

View more questions Search