Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lawdawgs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2009, 07:28 AM
    Use a new laptop with a cracked screen on a old laptop
    I have a HP pavilion laptop running windows vista with a cracked screen but everything else works fine. I also have an old sony vaio laptop running windows xp. Is it possible to gut and remove everything from the old sony vaio and transfer the operating system, hard drive, memory, etc from the new HP with the cracked screen to the sony vaio? I wasn't sure if the old sony vaio laptop could be used as a shell to run my HP on it.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Nov 9, 2009, 10:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lawdawgs View Post
    I wasn't sure if the old sony vaio laptop could be used as a shell to run my HP on it.
    I think the probability is extremely low, like nonexistent, but post the model numbers and perhaps someone familiar with the internals of those models will supply a definitive answer. What you are asking would be akin to wondering if you could take your Porsche 911 components and stick them in your Ford Fiesta. Yeah you could, but it would involve a lot of cutting, welding, and fabrication.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2009, 10:10 AM
    I agree with Scleros, probablility is low. Depends how much time you want to put in to research and possibly welding. Of course you always have the option of using an external monitor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dim lit laptop screen [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, so today I turned on the computer and the screen was/is very dim. I don't know what's going on or how to fix it. If it helps I'm running Windows XP on a Dell Vostro 1000.

Laptop Screen [ 4 Answers ]

I have noticed I have a very slight blue/green almost broken line running from the top to the bottom of my laptop screen and which starts about a third of the way across the screen. Can you tell me what this might be?

Laptop screen. [ 9 Answers ]

Can I use my laptop screen as a second monitor for my desktop?

Laptop screen repair? Useful life of a laptop? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an IBM Thinkpad X40. Have had it for 3 years Spilt liquid on the screen a while ago and now, although the screen works still, it has a kind of mottled tidemark effect and is dark in places (can also see where drops of water are permanently "stuck" behind the screen). Is this fixable?...

View more questions Search