Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wetona Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2004, 07:48 AM
    Electrical current flow
    Electrical current through wires is similar to water flowing through pipes. Using this analogy make a statement about how electrical current flow is related to the resistance of the wire it flows through.

PLEASE HELP!?
    urmod4u Posts: 248, Reputation: 4

Oct 16, 2004, 03:37 PM
    The property of water that is comparable to the resistance of a wire, is the viscosity of the water.
    Note that the viscosity is a property of the water (the current) and that the resistance is a property of the material the wire is made of (the conductor). So the analogy is not quite right.
    But it is correcter than the pipe's diameter - which rather compares to the wire's diameter - both having their influence on the resistance.
    High viscosity (electrical: resistance) will cause low current for a given pressure (electrical: voltage).
    Hot water has lower viscosity than cold water, it flows easier (=faster, more current). That is, BTW, why the pitch of the sound of flowing water from a hot water tap changes when the hot water arrives.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Current Ratio [ 1 Answers ]

How would the following actions affect a firm’s current ratio? 1. A customer prepays in full for specially ordered merchandise that it will take 60 days to manufacture. 2. Inventory is sold at the firm’s normal 35% markup cost.

Current Bird Flu [ 3 Answers ]

Hello friend ,I am jora .At this time I am living in Asia but I heard that bird flu infection is very fast spread in that country. But I don’t have more information about bird flu. Please anyone tell me about bird flu and how to prevent flu infection.

Who knows how to view current connections? [ 3 Answers ]

I want to view the current running connections of my PC, so how? Ideas? Thanks!

Current electricity [ 1 Answers ]

Why metal conduct electricity rather than a wood?THANK YOU!

View more questions Search