Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2009, 02:02 AM
    Battling the FLU Virus.
    ONIONS FOR COLLECTING THE FLU VIRUS

In 1919 when the flu killed 40million people there was this Doctor that visited the many farmers to see
    If he could help them combat the flu. Many of the farmers and their family had contracted it and many
    Died.

The doctor came upon this one farmer and to his surprise, everyone was very healthy. When the
    Doctor asked what the farmer was doing that was different the wife replied that she had placed an un peeled
    Onion in a dish in the rooms of the home, (probably only two rooms back
    Then). The doctor couldn't believe it and asked if he could have one
    Of the onions and placed it under the microscope. She gave him one
    And when he did this, he did find the flu virus in the onion. It
    Obviously absorbed the virus, therefore, keeping the family healthy.

Now, I heard this NEXT story
    From my hairdresser in AZ. She said that several years ago many of
    Her employees were coming down with the flu and so were many of her
    Customers. The next year she placed several bowls with onions around
    In her shop. To her surprise, none of her staff got sick. It
    Must work.. (And no, she is not in the onion
    Business.)

The moral of the story is, buy some onions and place them in bowls around your home. If you work at
    A desk, place one or two in your office or under your desk or even on top
    Somewhere. Try it and see what happens. We did it last year and we never got the flu.

If this helps you and your loved ones from getting sick, all the better. If you do get the flu, it just might be a mild case..

Whatever, what have you to lose? Just a few bucks on onions!!
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2009, 11:00 AM
    I'll try it!:D
    rosemcs Posts: 325, Reputation: 47

Nov 28, 2009, 10:29 PM

I just heard the same thing about using an uncovered bowl of vinegar in a room for this same purpose.
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2009, 11:00 PM
    Onions and garlic:) You can't go wrong!! :D

I haven't been sick in years!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Reversed Tubal ligation & battling to conceive [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there I am really trying hard not get depressed but every month when I start menstruating I become more and more depro... I have had a tubal ligation reversal procedure over an year ago, however they could only reverse one tube as the other had two filsche clips on and apparently it was...

H1N1, Swine Flu [ 8 Answers ]

I was just diagnosed with H1N1, boy am I miserable. The worst is the body aches and the sore throat. I'm gargling with the family recipe, vinegar, salt and the warmest water you can stand. The aches I'm treating with ibuprofen alternating with acetaminophen, lots of fluids. Is there any thing...

Battling to fall pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

Hi can anyone help me with some advice. I fell pregnant in feb this year but unfortunately in march I suffered a miscarriage. My gyna then put me back on to the pill to protect me long enough to give time to heal. He said I should take 3 months off from trying to have another baby which I did. I...

Live in P.A. With child. Battling for custody in N.why [ 3 Answers ]

I am a resident of Pennsylvania and my sons father is filing for custody in New York. Can I have custody hearing moved to Pennsylvania? I am pregnant and was advised not to travel that far.

In the middle of battling collection agency [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. Sorry this is so drawn out, but here goes: in October 2006 I started looking into buying my 1st home. In doing so, I found a couple things on my credit report to work on. One of these being a credit card with a $1600 balance that the original credit card company was reporting as charged off....

View more questions Search