Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    feb64 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2009, 06:46 PM
    How do we getDaughter age 34 & kids to move out
    My Husband , age 64 and I were nice enough to bring his Daughter age 34 and her 3 kids into our home because she and her new husband were having problems and she had nowhere to go. She had lost her job so we were supporting her and the kids. We have one Daughter age 12 who has been verbally abused by this adult daughter, and one of the children same age as my daughter has been bullying her and she is so upset she keeps saying that she wants them all dead.
    The adult Daughter thinks she should be able to stay here forever rent free, util free, etc. My Husband was even buying her cigarettes that we cannot afford. She leaves the butts on the grass in my back yard. WE told her she needs to go she said no.
    My Husband has a heart condition and all this stress isn't good for his health, His DR even said she needs to go.

She thinks because we recently moved to a different state that we are stuck with them. Her name is not on the lease and I mentioned to her getting low income housing and she again said NO.
    We are all at our wits end. Both my Husband, and my Mother who also lives with us are about to have nervous breakdowns. My Mom age 70 is no problem She is a stroke victim and has been with us for 12 years.

Please help
    Thank you
    FEB64
    sarahhank85 Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Nov 8, 2009, 06:52 PM
    Well you can just tell her she has to leave and cannot live there anymore.. I m sure there is shelters and programs to help her and her family find somewhere to live and even get a job. Or you can help her or find her help as far as finding an apartment, a job, etc.. or leading her to agencys or people who can help her... explain to her all of the reasons she has to leave.. give her a descent time frame of when she has to leave the house.
    rockie100 Posts: 313, Reputation: 64

Nov 8, 2009, 07:38 PM

Involve a third party to mediate. Maybe a state social worker. Or a counseler from your counties mental health clinic. She is not respecting the family, and must leave. At least for the sake of your younger daughter.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Nov 8, 2009, 07:47 PM

Give her a formal eviction notice, with the date that you legally have to use in your states (in MOST states it's 30 days, but not all states).

You may want to consult an attorney on the best way to proceed with this.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 8, 2009, 07:56 PM

First, to your first two respondents, let me point out this was posted in the Famiyl LAW forum. As part of the Law forums answers here need to confirm to existing law. While you answers weren't incorrec6t, they were wrong for this forum.

Synnen is correct you have to go through the formal eviction process for your area. Tomorrow morning go to your local housing court and find out what that process is. Generally tat means a 30 day notice to vacate. If she refuses you file for an eviction order. Once you get that, you can have a sheriff formally remove her.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 8, 2009, 07:58 PM

They will as noted have to be evicted, if she will just not leave you are wasting your time trying to do anything else

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I move with my kids out of the country without dad [ 3 Answers ]

my x has been a deadbeat doesn't pay support and went to jail for it. Can I leave the country?

My kids don't want mother's boy friend to move in [ 40 Answers ]

Is there any options in New Hampshire law to grant there wishes thanks Ray

Do I let my kids move with their mo [ 1 Answers ]

I have three kids ages 11,13,15. My current wife and I have raised them ourselves for the past six years except for summer trips to see their mom. All our kids want to move to their mom's but I don't think she can raise them correctly. Since the kids have been back from their summer visit they have...

My ex wants to move away with the kids [ 8 Answers ]

My ex and I have 3 small children, 2 in school. I bought a house about 15 minutes away from the house they (they meaning her, the kids, her mother, her stepfather, her grandmother, her aunt who is mentally challenged, and her stepdads brother!) have been renting for the last 5 or so years. We have...

View more questions Search