Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LisaSkinner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2009, 03:50 PM
    Lightening my hair burnt my skin & wrecked my hair.
    Last September I bleached my hair a lot to get it from black (I had been dying it black with permanent dye for about 2 years) I managed to get it blonde but it was in very bad condition & I had to get about 8 inches of my hair cut off, also burnt all the skin on the back on my neck:( because it was in such bad condition I used a permanent chocolate brown dye & kept it brown for about 2 months before just going black again - I've only been using semi permanent black dyes on my hair since then & its back in good condition again, this may sound crazy but I still really want blonde hair, I heard that goldwell lightening system was good? Was also thinking about just going to the hairdresser but will it cost me a lot more than a normal colour because of the lightening & stuff..
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2009, 08:41 PM

You tried bleaching dyed hair -- and as you learned, that is difficult. Artificial pigment doesn't react the same as natural pigment. Often, you can't get it to blonde without burning the skin (you learned that also).

The solution is to remove the artificial pigment, and then bleach. Natural pigment is much, much easier to bleach than artificial pigment. Color removers are available and plentiful. Some brands are ColorFix, Color Oops, Color Zap, Igora Phantom, etc...
    Nicole82 Posts: 64, Reputation: 3

Nov 9, 2009, 04:15 PM

Im an African American with a perm. I dyed my hair jet black for about 5 years but got tired of it. I tried numerous times to dye my hair light brown but failed. I only succeeded after bleaching my waist length hair. My hair is fine and I'm loving my new color. I used an over the counter bleach I think it was Revlon.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lightening My Hair [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I was wanting to lighten my hair up. My hair is a medium brown & it look's a little harsh for me so I was wanting to lighten it up, but am kind of scared because I don't want it to be blond, but I do want it to be a light brown.:)

Bleached burnt frizzed out hair solution [ 2 Answers ]

I have been dying my daughters hair for a while. This time we have the underneath black th top was bleached white and the ends are blue. It changed it feels like a brillo pad its frizzy and dead looking. Help what can I do to bring it back? We can't even get a comb in it. Any solutions that don't...

Hair dye-lightening [ 3 Answers ]

i just dyed my naturally light/medium brown hair dark brown. it turned out much darker than i wanted to (almost black) and i can't stand it. i was wondering if i can get it a few shades lighter somehow and how soon i can dye it again?

Hair lightening [ 2 Answers ]

[how do I lighten my just dyed too dark hair

Hair lightening [ 1 Answers ]

How do I lighten my natural hair color naturally with out dye and with out damaging it?:rolleyes:

View more questions Search