Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    damdash Posts: 79, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2009, 11:38 AM
    New home buyer insurance
    I am in the process of purchasing a house, and trying to decide on insurance. I have gotten about 6 different quotes. The purchase price of the home is 129,000 but the appraisal came back at 140,000. Which is the amount I need to insure. Does anyone know what a tier factor premium is?
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2009, 10:44 AM

Your purchase price includes the land and the insurance doesn't cover the land because if the home is destroyed the land remains.

The appraisal breaks down the cost for the land and the structure separately. Look on the appraisal for the cost of the structure and use that figure to determine how much insurance you need.

Tier factor premium is something that some insurance companies use to determine what rate you qualify for which may factor in credit and prior claim history.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

First time home buyer or not [ 2 Answers ]

I am 18 years old and am in college. My mother passed away recently. I received a copy of her will. Myself and my 2 sisters are the beneficiaries each owning equal shares. In the trust, there is a Bill of Sale for all her property to the trust. My sisters wanted to keep the house. So, I agreed....

First time home buyer [ 8 Answers ]

I did a quick browse here, and one on Google, but I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find out whether the area I am looking at buying a house in has any incentives besides the $8k tax credit. I know a couple years ago, people were talking about how some places were giving a free down...

I am a first tie home buyer [ 11 Answers ]

I have a realtor who doesn't seem to have time for me. I placed an offe on a home and they requested some things in return. I provided those things and now my realtor in't returning my calls. Is there a way I can find out about the offer without her? Kristn Moore

Home buyer [ 9 Answers ]

Does the buyer have to have funds immediately available upon signature at closing and what if they do not. Thank You

View more questions Search