Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    janee7fisher Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2009, 11:27 PM
    Custody of siblings
    I have been in foster care on and off all of my life I am 20yrs old and am aging out next year. I am the oldest out of 9 of us. But I will only take custody of the 4 youngest ones.

I want custody of my siblings but I don't know how.

Can I put them on my NYCHA/ Section8 application? I am going to need more space then a 1 bedroom.

Will I get assistance to provide for them?

What will I have to do to get them out of the home of their neglent father?
    akgorgous1 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2009, 08:18 PM

I've been in teen homes and in foster care all of my teen years also..

I'm from Alaska...
    And I want to get custudy of my siblings also..
    4 of us.
    Child services told me that I have to be 21 to get them though.. im 19.
    When and if I choose to take care of them they can help you get a house and money for the kids.
    And because I aged out.. I got a full scholarship to attend college.. they said that they will help with day care as well..
    So I hope this helps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Taken custody of my younger siblings [ 14 Answers ]

Hi {name removed} I want to be the one to take the custody in hands of my younger siblings can I do that I am 18 years old and it would mean the world to me to keep us all together.

Custody of my siblings [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm in the uk and just wanted to ask if it is possible for me to get full custody of my sister and my mums unborn child as she doesn't know the father to either of them and I already look after my sister 24/7 and my sister even calls me mum and my boyfriend dad and my son bro and I'm having...

Desperate need of custody of siblings! [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 18 and in college in Norfolk, Virginia. I have 2 biological sisters and 5 half siblings. My step dad is very abusive and lately my mom has been very ill and has been instructing me in what to do if something bad happens to her, as in how to use her food stamp card, WIC, child support, etc. If...

Moms' daughter wants custody of siblings [ 1 Answers ]

My mother has recently devorced my father. Myself and my siblings feel nither parent is capable or sane, and should not get custody. I am oldest of the kids, my sister 19, my brother 16, also have a 12 year-old and 8 year-old. Is there a way for an adult daughter to get custody of my other...

View more questions Search