Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    supermannnnnn Posts: 62, Reputation: 9

Nov 7, 2009, 03:50 PM
    ABS Light, SRS Light, Check Engine Light, Any other lights?
    Ok. I am writing this because I have been stumped on this question for a long time.

I have a 2001 Honda Civic EX COup. I have had about every single light on my dashboard come on at DIFFERENT TIMES... My ABS LIGHTS, SRS lights, Green Flashing Key lights ( immobilizer ), Check Engine, Maintenance lights...

Basically, there are numerous threads to teach you how to fix these problems.

My check engine light was fixed by tightening the GAS KNOB. Maintenance light was fixed by RESETTING it.

But my ABS + SRS lights always stayed on. I tried the SRS reset with no luck... I thought it was my driver side belt buckle causing the SRS to malfunction. But I realized it was not.

Recently my Green Key light came on also... I thought my immobilizer had a problem.

NOWWWWWWW... Today I had my ALTERNATOR CHANGED because it was putting on low voltage and my battery was dying.

Bought a new battery and changed alternator.

ALL THE LIGHTS ARE NOW GONE! FIXED IT ALL! LOL..

Check alternator. You might need a new one. Alternators die slowly... So you probably won't think it's the alternator. In my case, it was.

All lights fixed 100% and are gone!

Hope this helps someone...
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2009, 04:02 PM

Good job and good information! Thanks for the update. In the future, if you have any electrical problems, the first thing you always want to do is remove and fully charge the battery. Next, you want to test all under hood and under dash fuses with a test light or multimeter. If the battery has run down, then you want to check the alternator:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post1973613

If I had any inkling of battery problems, I would have suggested charging the battery. Thanks, again, for the update.
    supermannnnnn Posts: 62, Reputation: 9

Nov 7, 2009, 04:06 PM

THanks TXGREASEMONKEY!

You're the MAN!
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2009, 04:23 PM

When alternators go, all sorts of strange things start happening on the dash. I should have thrown out the possibility of alternator failure--sorry.

Here are some maintenance tips to keep your Civic going a long, long time:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post219991

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

2003 toyota sequoia,check engine light on,& trac off lighton.&vso trac light on. [ 16 Answers ]

2003 toyota seuoia. Check engine light on.and traco off light on as well as vso trac light on. I had in shop 4 weeks ago same problem they said it was gas cap not on tight, I tried that today but did not make light go off, help if you can thank you dan

Check Engine Light and Oil Light Comes On On My Honda Accord 1995 [ 9 Answers ]

I have a 1995 Honda Accord and both my check engine light and oil light are coming on. The car started over heating so I checked the radiator coolant and that was fine. I also checked the oil and that was full. A few days later the oil light started coming on and now the check engine light is on. ...

99 Honda accord no parking lights or dashboard background light + SRS Light on [ 3 Answers ]

Recently I believe a problematic bulb caused a short in my car's Electrical system. The reason I say this, is that the following Problems have come up since I used the trailer... 1. SRS light is now on 2. The light that illuminates the spedometer, RPM's, and gas (background light) doesn't...

1 Light Switch controls 2 lights-Want Separate swiches for each light. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a light switch that controls both the foyer and the front porch. I would like to separate this so that I have a separate switch for the front porch and the foyer as sometimes I would like to have the front porch light on without the beaming bright light in the foyer. The light switch has an...

One Switch two lights - the second light furthest away from light won't turn off [ 4 Answers ]

One Switch two lights - the second light furthest away from light won't turn off but the first one does Worked until I swopped the roses. Suspect that didn't do something right when putting them back. Up to now - left bulb out but need to get it to work now.

View more questions Search