Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    enrolled2799 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2009, 01:49 PM
    401k payment used to qualify for morgtage payment
    My wife and I are retired and get social security a pension and would use 10,000 yearly withdrawl from 401k as additional income to qualify to make mortgage payment.
    John caruso
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2009, 02:43 PM

Depending upon the total amount of the 401K, would this additional money be available to you for 30 years? I doubt this would help qualify you for a mortgage as this is not a savings account but an account that can fluctuate depending upon the market. You can try it, but don't be surprised if you are not approved.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 7, 2009, 04:44 PM

You would have to show that there is enough in the account to support a $10K annual withdrawal. I would also suspect that the lender would require a shorter term which may mean an elevated payment.

But yes, you may be able to use income from a 401(k) to qualify for a mortgage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

401K and the IRS (payment) [ 2 Answers ]

Well I took the advise of an employee for a CPA. Bad choice. So, needless to say, I now owe money to the IRS through an audit. Im an idiot I know. But I read somewhere that if you cash out your 401k and pay the IRS the second 10% that goes to Uncle Sam is not taxed? Is this true? Because it...

Can they reposess my car after they agree to payment arrangements and take my payment [ 5 Answers ]

I bought a car in 06 and I have been paying on it every two weeks. I have been a little behind but I still pay or talk to someone about when I will pay... I have never lost communication with these people. I am only one payment and some late charges behind Monday I made a payment on the due date of...

Can a collections agency refuse payment or payment arrangement ? [ 2 Answers ]

I owe a hospital bill of $1000 from back in march and it has gone to a collections agency. Now my problem is, my insurance company actually sent me the check to make the payment. They instructed me to put it into my checking account then send a personal check to the creditor. However when I put...

401K Benefit Payment [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everyone. I am new to this board and wasn't certain if this question is appropriate for this section, so I apologize if I should have placed this somewhere else. I am 29 years old, and my company was recently bought out of bankruptcy by another company. Our (the employees) 401K savings...

401k penalty payment [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, This past year I liquidated my 401k and am not eligible for a waiver for the 10% penalty. I used turbo tax to file my taxes and while turbo tax did put me through a questionnaire that resulted in it saying I owed a penalty, it never subtracted the penalty or told me how to go about paying...

View more questions Search