Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    close friend Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Nov 7, 2009, 09:57 AM
    Want to dance
    I don't know dance at alllll. I can't move my body a lot and a I am a bad dancer too. I want to dance . How can I bring flexibility in my body and what dance will be easy for me to start with?
    Thanks
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 7, 2009, 10:27 AM

Sign up for a yoga or t'ai chi class for strength and flexibility. Park districts and other village programs offer inexpensive dance classes. Check at the reference desk at your local public library for local organizations and teachers who teach any of these.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2009, 10:32 AM

dance is an expression..

find the music that gets your foot tapping and a beat that makes you sway...

then sway,then move your body to the beat... it does not matter where you it or how you do it,if your enjoying yourself others will see that too..
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2009, 01:09 PM
    Hi, close friend!

What kind or kinds of music would you like to be able to dance to, please?

Thanks!
    summer7 Posts: 344, Reputation: 44

Nov 11, 2009, 10:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, close friend!

What kind or kinds of music would you like to be able to dance to, please?

Thanks!
    Clough has a good point here. Determine what your favorite music is then learn that dance. Since you enjoy that particular music so much, it will be easier to get into the beat and rhythm and to learn the steps. You have lots to choose from. Hip Hop, Latin, Country, Jazz, Polynesian etc.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 11, 2009, 10:49 PM

It's a matter of finding the music you like and following the beat.

Dance can be taught, but mostly it's felt.

Like the others have said, find the type of music you like, listen to the beat, move to the beat. There is no right or wrong, only what you feel and like. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dance Studios - more empahsis on dance or business [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question regarding dance studios. I would like a sincere answer from someone who either owns or knows someone well who does own their own dance studio. It has been my experience that studios will put more emphasis on business rather than dance. The reason for this is I have seen good...

What dance dance revolutiondo I buy for PS2. [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: there are so many different dance dance revolutions for ps2 that I don't now what one to buy?I want to know witch one is the best.

Need name of Line Dance - Not a Country Line Dance [ 1 Answers ]

HELP ~ I was out last night for my Birthday and did a new line dance and LOVED THE SONG, however I remember nothing about the song. I know it is kind of a slow R&B sounding song and the line dance goes something like this. Step left 4 or 5 times, then to the right. Then you tap your heal...

DDR Dance Dance Revolution question [ 2 Answers ]

I have a question regarding DDR but first let me set the stage for my knowledge and expectations. First, I'm no gamer by ANY stretch of the imagination. I played Zork in College and once in a blue moon I'll play frogger. But if I'm interested in something I usually try not to let cost get in...

View more questions Search