Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bfish Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2009, 07:56 AM
    Hot water trickles while cold water is normal
    Hot water trickles (not enough pressure to force out of shower head) while cold water is normal from American Standard single handle bathtub faucet
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 7, 2009, 03:38 PM
    Remove the shower head and turn on the water. Doe hot water come out of the open shower arm? Let me know, Tom

Nov 8, 2009, 01:08 PM

Removing the shower head made no difference at all the hot water still only trickles from tub faucet and will not come from the shower at all
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Nov 8, 2009, 01:17 PM

Is it pressure balanced faucet ? Newer model ?

Nov 8, 2009, 02:54 PM

No I don't believe its pressure balanced. It's maybe 5 years old. Opened and closed valve several times. Every once in a while I would have full pressure, but when it was closed again had only trickle come out of faucet.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Nov 8, 2009, 02:56 PM

If it is Single Handle faucet, the chances are it is pressure balanced unit. Even if it is not, there is a cartridge inside. You have to close water, remove handle and trim, remove cartridge and clean it. But I would strongly suggest that you replace it.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 8, 2009, 03:02 PM
    Shut the water off to the valve and open it up. Remove the cartridge and check and clean the inlet ports. While the valve's open place a pan over it and turn the hot water on to flush out the supply. You should have a full sream when you do this. If not let me know. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Forced Hot Water baseboard COLD COLD [ 7 Answers ]

I have forced hot water baseboard heat. My two upstairs baseboards are cold when heat is fine in the rest of the lower house. I beld the unit and still it's cold. I pulled at least 2 quarts of water out but no air at all. Any sugesstions on what to do next. Thanks

Dormitory Hot Water [ 1 Answers ]

I live in a dorm that has 20 rooms to a floor. We have one boiler for the whole floor, and the temperature is set at 140 degrees. We all get lukewarm showers, and do not have hot water to do dishes. I have put in countless work orders for this, and maintenance says everything is fine. I have been...

Cold cycle just trickles water into tub, hot/warm cycle fine [ 1 Answers ]

I have a roper washer, the cold water just trickles into tub but when put on warm/hot, water flows fine. Water going from water spigot to rear of machine is fine. How do I raise lid of washer, also?

Oily or 'hot' smell coming from water after replacing well water pump [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I had to replace our water pump after it ceased and died on us this past Friday night! Ever since we replaced the well pump with a new Gould 1/2 hp we have been noticing an oily or hot smell coming from our taps... doesnt matter if it's the kitchen or the bathroom sink or...

Low cold water pressure but normal hot water [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a house that was built in 1907. It has low water pressure on the cold side but normal pressure on the hot water side. I traced out the pipes and they are all copper and 3/4 inch for the branch feeders and 1/2 inch pipes going to the fixtures. The line coming into the house is 1...

View more questions Search