Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    afro13queen Posts: 72, Reputation: 5

Nov 6, 2009, 10:34 PM
    I am Depressed as hell.
    You... I have been giving my skin bleaching a major break while using neutrogenas visibly even and proactiv to do some damage control (getting rid of the small dark spots acne left behind thanks to BC ) before I go about bleaching with my 55+H, which I have been staring at in my bathroom for the past week now.:mad:.. Yet I am steadily gettiing darker and Im almost at my starting point and you it is soooooooo painful for me right now... I know this is a skin lightening thread and Im not exactly talking ab solutions, but I HAD to vent... Im hurting like hell right now... I took a picture with some friends at a festival today (under a flash mind you) at my school and my face was soooo dark in the foto... I guess I hadn't realized how dark I had gotten, and it wasn't until I saw that pitcure that it all came crashing down on me... It hurt sooo bad you guys... I just felt like all of my hard work, researching, all of it had gone down the drain... Now many of you are saying.. then just start back then! Well, I don't want light skin and terrible acne marks, I want light bright clear skin and I know its possible... I just wish there was a cream that got rid of acne marks and lightened the skin as a whole... not just making the skin around the acne marks lighter... Sooo that's my vent.. I figured if I were going to vent, it ought to be in a place with others who may have or are currently going through the same thing.
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2009, 11:42 PM

afro13queen many of us know the stress with the skin redarkening after lightening, it can be a yo-yo effect. But try not to get depressed about it. Because this is all temporary and many of us are bound to redarken even a little someday. I myself am back to the beginning and it is aggravating, but I'm working towards it again and trying to see it as part of the process. So just try to stay focused and not stress yourself out too much. Are you exfoliating as well and using sunblock with high spf?
    EggoMini Posts: 161, Reputation: 5

Nov 7, 2009, 12:24 AM

**(hugs)** yes, I agree w gg... please keep with the sunblock, exfoliation and restoring the health of your skin. Is it possible for you to see a dermadoc or aesthetician?

Nov 7, 2009, 01:38 AM

I guess you could say Im exfoliating. My Proactiv has a cleanser that has beads in it and my Neutrogena Visibly Even also has beads in it too. The Visibly Even has a moisturiser with helioplex but I'm not sure the spf.. ill have to check...

But thank you guys so much for the kind words...

Nov 7, 2009, 01:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by EggoMini View Post
    **(hugs)** yes, i agree w gg...please keep with the sunblock, exfoliation and restoring the health of your skin. Is it possible for you to see a dermadoc or aesthetician?
    So are these the equivalent of dermatologists? Because if so, Ive been to ab 3 dermatologists, alll of who were white and totally oblivious to what I was trying to imply ab my skin color... It was hard to even imply it.. :confused:

Nov 7, 2009, 05:33 PM

Maybe you'd have better luck with a brown doctor? I'm not sure where you are but the minority associations sometimes have professional directories.

Another choice would be a spa that specializes in POC (people of color).

I've gone up to 60+ sunblock and hats. Also on Skin Care Talk they talk about how some sunscreens are more effective @ preventing darkening, freckles etc.

EUEROPEAN sunblock... - Skin Care Talk

Do you avoid sun exposure? - Skin Care Talk

Moisturizer or sunblock first? - Skin Care Talk
    divaforlyfe Posts: 39, Reputation: 7

Nov 7, 2009, 07:49 PM

Have you tried a chemical peel to speed up the process?

Nov 8, 2009, 12:04 PM

@divaforlyfe

Never tried a chemical peel. Im afraid to use something Ive always thought of as really strong. Can someone explain to me in their own experiences exactly what a chemical peel does to brown skin?

Nov 8, 2009, 12:07 PM
    @ Eggo

Im thinking I would have better luck with a brown doctor too, but Im also afraid that they would look down on me for asking to be lighter.. ya know?
    divaforlyfe Posts: 39, Reputation: 7

Nov 8, 2009, 12:11 PM

I got a chemical peel from the derma. And paid like 300 dollars to clear the black spots on my face, and sun damage, then I figured out how to do it myself, you can go online and find what kind fits you best. For black skin the lactic acid,jessner or tca is the best, but I would'nt use the TCA if it's your first time. You can do a body peel as well,it really helps with the lightening process, it peels the superficial layers of the skin to bring new skin to the forefront, warning use the weakess strength (depending on you skin) first then work your way up. You will peel so it's best to do it on your down time. I have sun damage and chemical damage on my arms from using bio claire so I plain on doing a TCA during thankgiving, P.M. me if you want more info there is too much to explain.
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2009, 04:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by divaforlyfe View Post
    I got a chemical peel from the derma. and paid like 300 dollars to clear the black spots on my face, and sun damage, then i figured out how to do it myself, you can go online and find what kind fits you best. For black skin the lactic acid,jessner or tca is the best, but I would'nt use the TCA if it's your first time. You can do a body peel as well,it really helps with the lightening process, it peels the superficial layers of the skin to bring new skin to the forefront, warning use the weakess strenght (depending on you skin) first then work your way up. You will peel so it's best to do it on your down time. I have sun damage and chemical damage on my arms from using bio claire so I plain on doing a TCA during thankgiving, P.M. me if you want more info there is too much to explain.
    Diva what do you use for a body peel, how often, and how soon does it take to see results? So, the lactic acid really helped lighten the spots on your face?

Nov 8, 2009, 11:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by divaforlyfe View Post
    I got a chemical peel from the derma. and paid like 300 dollars to clear the black spots on my face, and sun damage, then i figured out how to do it myself, you can go online and find what kind fits you best. For black skin the lactic acid,jessner or tca is the best, but I would'nt use the TCA if it's your first time. You can do a body peel as well,it really helps with the lightening process, it peels the superficial layers of the skin to bring new skin to the forefront, warning use the weakess strenght (depending on you skin) first then work your way up. You will peel so it's best to do it on your down time. I have sun damage and chemical damage on my arms from using bio claire so I plain on doing a TCA during thankgiving, P.M. me if you want more info there is too much to explain.
    I've been reading good things about lactic! I'm finding the TCA 20% a bit scary. I don't have the guts to apply it anywhere that I can't cover with clothes. I put some on my outer arms the other day and they look like

It's finally starting to peel a little but I still can't tell if it was a good thing or not. It's so weird because my hands, feet tops and knees didn't have the same reaction.
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2009, 11:40 PM
    A bit off topic but I just wanted to say that roasted chicken & potatoes looks real good right now... lol

Nov 8, 2009, 11:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by afro13queen View Post
    @ Eggo

Im thinking I would have better luck with a brown doctor too, but Im also afraid that they would look down on me for asking to be lighter..ya know?
    Maybe an Indian or Filipino doc might be less judgmental than an African American?

Eta: Have you tried the HQ & Retin-A regimen yet?

Nov 8, 2009, 11:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    a bit off topic but i just wanted to say that roasted chicken & potatoes looks real good right now...lol
    :p:D:D:D:D
    BrownDeceit Posts: 366, Reputation: 24

Nov 9, 2009, 12:39 AM

? I didn't come to this forum to get hungry. :( ugh that food looks soooo good right now
    sagluva Posts: 84, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2009, 08:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by afro13queen View Post
    Yall...I have been giving my skin bleaching a major break while using neutrogenas visibly even and proactiv to do some damage control (getting rid of the small dark spots acne left behind thanks to BC ) before I go about bleaching with my 55+H, which I have been staring at in my bathroom for the past week now.:mad:..Yet I am steadily gettiing darker and Im almost at my starting point and yall it is soooooooo painful for me right now...I know this is a skin lightening thread and Im not exactly talking ab solutions, but I HAD to vent...Im hurting like hell right now...I took a picture with some friends at a festival today (under a flash mind you) at my school and my face was soooo dark in the foto...I guess I hadnt realized how dark I had gotten, and it wasnt until I saw that pitcure that it all came crashing down on me....It hurt sooo bad you guys...I just felt like all of my hard work, researching, all of it had gone down the drain...Now many of you are saying..then just start back then! Well, I dont want light skin and terrible acne marks, I want light bright clear skin and I know its possible....I just wish there was a cream that got rid of acne marks and lightened the skin as a whole....not just making the skin around the acne marks lighter....Sooo thats my vent..I figured if I were gonna vent, it ought to be in a place with others who may have or are currently going through the same thing.
    Wow sorry to hear about what your going through.. why don't u try hq and retin a? I've been using fair and white and retin a for the past week and my face has lightened three shades. My acne marks are getting lighter because of the retin a. try it and also get a vitamin c and vitamnin e and alpha hydroxy cream. The one I use is called about time.. mixed with a lightening agent, it works fast in helping to clear black spots. Also use a vitamin c facial toner or serum. There's one by organics which I love and u'll see a huge improvement on your face in a month. Wuteva you try, good luck and keep us updated.
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2009, 06:30 PM
    That's what I will have to eventually get, a potent vitamin C serum or toner for the face. Right now I'm taking the liquid vitamin c 1,000mg a day... may up the dose in a couple of months.
    BrownDeceit Posts: 366, Reputation: 24

Nov 9, 2009, 06:37 PM

Golden Girl do you think it would be risky to take the vitamin c pills while I'm still taking the fish oil
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2009, 07:13 PM
    I'm not sure. You can try asking a med site if it is safe to use the two together and at what dosage?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mom is depressed and she's making me depressed what do I do! [ 6 Answers ]

Hello I am 14 years old and my mom is depressed and is making me depressed I started working with her and she freaked out at me because I didn't sweep properly, she brought me home and just left. How do I help her and help myself! I'm starting to think of suicide but I can't just leave...

What the hell! [ 13 Answers ]

Hi everyone, please give me some insight on this. My girlfriend of 3 years broke up with me on my birthday 3 months ago today. She was a very dominate person, she wanted the truth about everything no matter how small the subject. I was married before for 12 years and have a step-son...

In hell. [ 4 Answers ]

I work for the VA. I work with an irritating individual. She quests for power and does everything to get it. I was detailed to another department which I loved. Now I am back And although I have spoken with her superiors, she is still quietly making my (our) Workplace a hostile one. For...

Sis from hell [ 3 Answers ]

My mom died last yr , my sister who's lives there not worked in 28 yrs , substance both drugs & achol. Now moms got a loan for what we or my other sibling knew nothing about , now its behind light off & other utilites she's the only 1 that lives in the state of mo she sells drugs outa the house &...

What the hell can I do ! [ 12 Answers ]

Hey guys and ladis.. I know that so silly for what I ask for.. but any way I'll talk ;]. It's about Social relations , I feel like am afraid from all people around me.. stuck into my room.. Sorry about that, 2 post like the same question.. But for me no , really I feel scared when m going...

View more questions Search