Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2009, 04:36 PM
    Best to apply the retin-a after you wash your face, then wait about 10-20 min before you apply anything else such as moisturizer, etc. There are several other ways on how you can change your regimen so its good to see what works best for you. Retin-a will speed up the lightening results due to exfoliation and the skin lighteners will be able to penetrated deeper. If your skin becomes too irritated, cut back on how many days a week you use it.
    Itss A New Day Posts: 163, Reputation: 8

Nov 23, 2009, 07:52 PM

Hi Afroqueen I would suggest using the products you have in this order:

Fair and White Exclusive cream gel- Morning and Night on face
    fair and white exfoliating soap- Daily on the body, once or twice a week on the face (so your face will not be irritated with the other products)
    proactiv EVERYTHING- Choose whether you want to use the proactiv cleanser or the Neutrogena cleanser. The Proactiv cleanser has salicylic acid right? You don't want to use so many harsh chemicals on your face all at once. Also disregard the other proactic products for now as you will be using good ole Retin A =-)
    Neutrogena cleanser and moisturizer- Use the moisturizer daily after applying the F&W gel, or use it as needed depending on your dryness/oiliness level.
    the Vit C serums- Use this once or twice a week to start, as you will be peeling and probably sensitive from the retin a. Use it preferably at night when your face will soak it up the most, so maybe do retin a during 1 week and do the Vitamin C serums during the following week and alternate.
    55+H; Use this on the neck and body morning and night, I would not use it on my face as of yet if you have oily skin; it can cause break outs. If you have dry skin I would use the F&W in the morning and the Crystalline at night, or vice versa.
    Retin A- see my previous advice; use it every other night to start, then let it soak in before applying the F&W or Crystalline. If sensitivity increases then use it maybe every 2 nights, per my doctor's advice.

Hope this helps and good luck!
    DownCamel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2009, 09:35 AM

What were you using and how old are you? If you are young and have acne then get rid of it and then start skin whitening.
    afro13queen Posts: 72, Reputation: 5

Nov 27, 2009, 10:54 AM

THANK YOU KINDLY It's a NEW DAY AND GG! Im copy and pasting this into Microsoft word as we speak! I hope this works! Would you believe my Retin A still isn't here yet? Ugh. I keep getting emails from alldaychemist with tracking numbers, but it still isn't here yet. Le sigh. Once again, thank u guys and I will continue to let u know how it goes...
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Nov 27, 2009, 02:49 PM

When did you place your order ? Mine took just over a week to arrive and I am based in the UK.
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2009, 08:41 PM
    I'm still waiting for mine too, they have sent me the tracking number. They ship in good timing, but it is the customs that holds the packages longer so time varies. It better be here by Monday afternoon

Nov 28, 2009, 03:34 PM

Funnily enough I didn't have any trouble with it going through customs. I had more trouble with Tonique.

Nov 28, 2009, 06:11 PM
    @MAHARANI

According to my mom I ordered last Wed. Im not really sure when I ordered but I feel like it should have been here by now.. Gosh...

*twiddles thumbs*

Nov 29, 2009, 08:58 AM

Where are you based afro13queen, then ?
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2009, 09:20 AM

Where you order the retina from afro

Nov 29, 2009, 10:29 AM

Allday chemist.
    Sandy2010 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2009, 02:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Itss A New Day View Post
    Hi Afroqueen I would suggest using the products you have in this order:

Fair and White Exclusive cream gel- Morning and Night on face
    fair and white exfoliating soap- Daily on the body, once or twice a week on the face (so your face will not be irritated with the other products)
    proactiv EVERYTHING- Choose whether you want to use the proactiv cleanser or the Neutrogena cleanser. The Proactiv cleanser has salicylic acid right? You dont want to use so many harsh chemicals on your face all at once. Also disregard the other proactic products for now as you will be using good ole Retin A =-)
    Neutrogena cleanser and moisturizer- Use the moisturizer daily after applying the F&W gel, or use it as needed depending on your dryness/oiliness level.
    the Vit C serums- Use this once or twice a week to start, as you will be peeling and probably sensitive from the retin a. Use it preferably at night when your face will soak it up the most, so maybe do retin a during 1 week and do the Vitamin C serums during the following week and alternate.
    55+H; Use this on the neck and body morning and night, I would not use it on my face as of yet if you have oily skin; it can cause break outs. If you have dry skin I would use the F&W in the morning and the Crystalline at night, or vice versa.
    Retin A- see my previous advice; use it every other night to start, then let it soak in before applying the F&W or Crystalline. If sensitivity increases then use it maybe every 2 nights, per my doctor's advice.

Hope this helps and good luck!
    Hi New Day,

Have you seen any results for body lightening from above products? Which web site did you order Fair & White from? I heard some are not selling genuine product! Between 55 and Fair, which one would you choose for body? I am east Indian :)
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2009, 03:12 PM

Have you tried using high hq creams

Dec 3, 2009, 06:39 PM

@lighterr

No I haven't really used any high % hq... I did back in the day when I was first starting, but it was a store bought brand called Nadinola and it had 3%. Do you know where I could order the high percentage online?
    Itss A New Day Posts: 163, Reputation: 8

Dec 3, 2009, 06:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy2010 View Post
    Hi New Day,

Have you seen any results for body lightening from above products? Which web site did you order Fair & White from? I heard some are not selling genuine product! Between 55 and Fair, which one would you choose for body? I am east Indian :)
    Hi Sandy, I was actually responding to AfroQueen's request for application suggestions on products that she was using herself, but of all the above products that were mentioned, I only used the Vitamin C serum and the Retin A Micro 0.1%, as well as a premade combination of 4% HQ, 05% tretinoin. I saw brightening results from the Vitamin C serum, and much exfoliating. A reduction in acne and exfoliating effect from the Retin A Micro as well. I saw lightening from the 4%HQ combination with tretinoin, but this was on my face and neck, and it is not even lightening; some areas lighten sooner than others. I have yet to find an effective body lightener. I have not tried any Fair and White creams or serums, but I have tried the AHA exfoliating soap and it is really great for exfoliating, and I am considering the Fair and White Exclusive Gel lightener. The 55H+ Glycerin did not work for me as I saw no results, not even minimal. Hope this helps.

Dec 3, 2009, 06:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Itss A New Day View Post
    Hi Sandy, I was actually responding to AfroQueen's request for application suggestions on products that she was using herself, but of all the above products that were mentioned, I only used the Vitamin C serum and the Retin A Micro 0.1%, as well as a premade combination of 4% HQ, .05% tretinoin. I saw brightening results from the Vitamin C serum, and much exfoliating. A reduction in acne and exfoliating effect from the Retin A Micro as well. I saw lightening from the 4%HQ combination with tretinoin, but this was on my face and neck, and it is not even lightening; some areas lighten sooner than others. I have yet to find an effective body lightener. I have not tried any Fair and White creams or serums, but I have tried the AHA exfoliating soap and it is really great for exfoliating, and I am considering the Fair and White Exclusive Gel lightener. The 55H+ Glycerin did not work for me as I saw no results, not even minimal. Hope this helps.
    Hey it's a New Day! The Retin A is FINALLY here. I have to pick it up at the post office. Also, I wanted to know where you got your hydroquinone from, because I didn't see it on the list on alldaychemist,
    stacymica Posts: 33, Reputation: 3

Dec 3, 2009, 06:58 PM

I haven't found a good body lightener either. Bioclaire worked well on my hands and arms. They went from gabrielle union to a little darker than rhianna ( I used bc). It messed my face in 3 weeks with not much lightening(1 shade). I got pimples I NEVER get pimples.
    But afro13queen tip: visibly even tried it before and it made my face uneven in complexion. As soon as I stopped in a month my face went back to my even skin tone. Also another thing sometimes using too many products at one time on your face will break you out. And if it does you won't know what caused what.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mom is depressed and she's making me depressed what do I do! [ 6 Answers ]

Hello I am 14 years old and my mom is depressed and is making me depressed I started working with her and she freaked out at me because I didn't sweep properly, she brought me home and just left. How do I help her and help myself! I'm starting to think of suicide but I can't just leave...

What the hell! [ 13 Answers ]

Hi everyone, please give me some insight on this. My girlfriend of 3 years broke up with me on my birthday 3 months ago today. She was a very dominate person, she wanted the truth about everything no matter how small the subject. I was married before for 12 years and have a step-son...

In hell. [ 4 Answers ]

I work for the VA. I work with an irritating individual. She quests for power and does everything to get it. I was detailed to another department which I loved. Now I am back And although I have spoken with her superiors, she is still quietly making my (our) Workplace a hostile one. For...

Sis from hell [ 3 Answers ]

My mom died last yr , my sister who's lives there not worked in 28 yrs , substance both drugs & achol. Now moms got a loan for what we or my other sibling knew nothing about , now its behind light off & other utilites she's the only 1 that lives in the state of mo she sells drugs outa the house &...

What the hell can I do ! [ 12 Answers ]

Hey guys and ladis.. I know that so silly for what I ask for.. but any way I'll talk ;]. It's about Social relations , I feel like am afraid from all people around me.. stuck into my room.. Sorry about that, 2 post like the same question.. But for me no , really I feel scared when m going...

View more questions Search