Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Itss A New Day Posts: 163, Reputation: 8

Nov 9, 2009, 08:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownDeceit View Post
    Golden Girl do you think it would be risky to take the vitamin c pills while I'm still taking the fish oil
    MY mother and I have been taking Vitamin C and Fish Oil simultaneously for a long time and my mom doesn't age and I have never heard of there being any negative side effects with taking these two supplements at the same time; they each have different benefits that our body needs.

Nov 9, 2009, 08:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    That's what I wil have to eventually get, a potent vitamin C serum or toner for the face. Right now I'm taking the liquid vitamin c 1,000mg a day...may up the dose in a couple of months.
    I got a free l-ascorbic acid (vitamin c) serum with my glycolic acid purchase and I plan to start using tonight. I willl let you know how it goes. The instructions say to use within 45 days from when it is open because it is unstable, so hopefully that means it is potent initially.
    afro13queen Posts: 72, Reputation: 5

Nov 10, 2009, 05:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by EggoMini View Post
    Maybe an Indian or Filipino doc might be less judgmental than an African American?

eta: Have you tried the HQ & Retin-A regimen yet?
    No I have not. Ive read MANY things on it already thouugh... You think I should try it out?

Nov 10, 2009, 05:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sagluva View Post
    wow sorry to hear about wut ur going through.. why dont u try hq and retin a? i've been using fair and white and retin a for the past week and my face has lightened three shades. my acne marks are getting lighter coz of the retin a. try it and also get a vitamin c and vitamnin e and alpha hydroxy cream. The one i use is called about time.. mixed with a lightening agent, it works fast in helping to clear black spots. also use a vitamin c facial toner or serum. Theres one by organics which i love and u'll see a huge improvement on ur face in a month. Wuteva u try, good luck and keep us updated.
    Im hearing more and more ab Retin A... Id be a fool to ignore it! What fair and white product are u using? I have some old fair and White exclusive gel in my cabinet, I haven't used. Are there any vitamain C facial toners I can buy at a drug store? Or walmart? Im guessing Retin A is available online right? Im going to check my cabinets and see if my old dermatologist prescribed me something with Retin A... Thank you so much for the reply! Greatly appreciated!
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2009, 09:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Itss A New Day View Post
    I got a free l-ascorbic acid (vitamin c) serum with my glycolic acid purchase and I plan to start using tonight. I willl let you know how it goes. The instructions say to use within 45 days from when it is open because it is unstable, so hopefully that means it is potent initially.
    NewDay where did you get your glycolic acid and vitamin c serum from? And what strength of gly do you use?

Nov 10, 2009, 10:19 PM
    NewDay where did you get your glycolic acid and vitamin c serum from? and what strength of gly do you use?
    Hi Golden I got it from an eBay seller. It is 50% strength. The auction said I'd get a free vitamin C moisturizer (but I think it was a typo because none of his other auctions include it anymore). The vitamin C serum is 20%. I used the serum last night and saw a difference in my face today. The serum is supposed to stay in your system for up to 72 hours. My seller was skinbeautysolutions, but there are tons of glycolic acid on eBay, and I am pretty sure you can get a better one because this one doesn't seem too strong to me because I'm not even peeling, so I'll try a second application in a few days. If you go with an ascorbic acid serum make sure to find out if it has oxidized yet because if it is oxidizing it will have a yellowish tint (but it can also oxidize and still be clear during the initial stage of oxidation), and do not buy vitamin c serums that are not clear because then it hard to tell when it is oxidizing. Hope this helps!
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2009, 10:31 PM
    Thanks NewDay. After you applied the vit. C serum and you noticed a difference, what kind of difference did you see?

Nov 10, 2009, 10:47 PM
    Thanks NewDay. After you applied the vit. c serum and you noticed a difference, what kind of difference did you see?
    I saw a small light patch below my eye that wasn't there before lol. The skin below my eye is very thin and lightens easily, and vitamin c serums are good for hyperpigmentation. But it was a slight difference and I have not been applying any products under my eye but last night I applied the serum under my eye not thinking. And my skin looked to be glowing today. I think everyone should use real vitamin c serums anyway as they regenerate collagen and protect against free radicals anyway. Can't beat that lol.
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2009, 11:13 PM
    So true. I will have to eventually get a real good quality one sooner or later.

Nov 11, 2009, 01:12 AM
    so true. I will have to eventually get a real good quality one sooner or later.
    Ok update Golden: Just got out the shower and I did start to peel a bit where I applied the peel from yesterday. I don't have any obvious flaking though. I guess it took a good scrub to get off the excess skin :)
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2009, 07:16 PM
    That's great NewDay that your peeling now. OK, keep us updated.
    sagluva Posts: 84, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2009, 10:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by afro13queen View Post
    Im hearing more and more ab Retin A...Id be a fool to ignore it! What fair and white product are u using? I have some old fair and White exclusive gel in my cabinet, I havent used. Are there any vitamain C facial toners I can buy at a drug store? or walmart? Im guessing Retin A is available online right? Im going to check my cabinets and see if my old dermatologist prescribed me something with Retin A...Thank you so much for the reply! Greatly appreciated!
    Yea I just heard about retin a myself when I came on this board. I ordered mine from alldaychemist.com. Their products are very cheap like $2.00 for a tube of retin a and 4%hq. shipping is 25 dollars regardless of how much you order so its best to stock up. I use the exclusive fair and white whitenizer gel and serum. I realised that fiar and white lightened me a lot but it did not get rid of my dark spots so I am using it with retin a which is lightening my dark spots because of the peeling. I got my vitamin c toner and serum for a grocery store. The one I got is by organics. Very good. If u mix the fair and white gel with some hq and retin a, and use a vitamin c toner and serum u'll get great results fast. At least it works for me.. keep us updated on what you decide to use.:)
    Boricua1 Posts: 179, Reputation: 14

Nov 14, 2009, 01:38 AM

I feel you.. I'm going through the acne thing.. harsh.. and I've always had very clear skin... and people are noticing the acne big time... one day it looked like I had the pox.. lol... I have been using retin a... the tretinoin at 0.1 % gel and it burns and it peels the skin but it does help clear you up.. now granted I have heard that it makes it worse before it makes it better but I have seen an improvement in just a few days of the retin A with my acne.. granted, I'm not beauty pageant ready with the peeling, but hey I got to get rid of this acne... lol.. try it... it may work for you

Nov 14, 2009, 01:31 PM

Ok you are SERIOUSLY bringing out the product junkie in me! I bought some Perfect C Vitamin C Super Antioxident from Walgreens. Retin A is next on the list... I also bought some Neutrogena Rapid Clear 2 in 1 Fight and Fade gel.. It has AHA in it... After the Retin A, I swear I won't buy ANYTHING ELSE!

Nov 14, 2009, 01:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sagluva View Post
    Yea i just heard about retin a myself when i came on this board. I ordered mine from alldaychemist.com. their products are very cheap like $2.00 for a tube of retin a and 4%hq. shipping is 25 dollars regardless of how much u order so its best to stock up. i use the exclusive fair and white whitenizer gel and serum. I realised that fiar and white lightened me alot but it did not get rid of my dark spots so i am using it with retin a which is lightening my dark spots coz of the peeling. I got my vitamin c toner and serum for a grocery store. The one i got is by organics. very good. If u mix the fair and white gel with some hq and retin a, and use a vitamin c toner and serum u'll get great results fast. atleast it works for me.. keep us updated on wut u decide to use.:)
    I went to the website for the Retin A (alldaychemist.com) and Im not sure what percentage to use...

The choices:

a.)Retin A 0.1 gel

b.) Retin A 0.05

c.) retin A 0.25mg

d.) Retin A Micro ( 0.04%)

e.) Retin A Micro (0.1%)

Nov 14, 2009, 01:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Boricua1 View Post
    I feel ya.. I'm going through the acne thing.. harsh.. and I've always had very clear skin... and people are noticing the acne big time... one day it looked like I had the pox.. lol... I have been using retin a... the tretinoin at 0.1 % gel and it burns and it peels the skin but it does help clear you up.. now granted I have heard that it makes it worse before it makes it better but I have seen an improvement in just a few days of the retin A with my acne.. granted, I'm not beauty pageant ready with the peeling, but hey i gotta get rid of this acne... lol.. try it... it may work for you
    Yup! When I was darker I had perfect skin! Not a blemish anywhere. It wasn't until I began the bleaching process that I got the marks and when BC came into the mix, it made it only that much worst.:mad:.. Ive been checking Retin A out and Im really not sure which one to use though.. If you look at the post above you'll see how LOST I am... lol :p
    sagluva Posts: 84, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2009, 05:09 PM
    Yup! When I was darker I had perfect skin! Not a blemish anywhere. It wasnt until I began the bleaching process that I got the marks and when BC came into the mix, it made it onyl that much worst.:mad:..Ive been checking Retin A out and Im really not sure which one to use tho..If you look at the post above you'll see how LOST i am...lol :p
    They usually advise you to use a lower percentage if its your first time using retin a. I didn't. I used 0.1% the first time.LOL. If your face is not that sensitive, just go with 0.1%. Your face will peel a lot and reveal new skin faster.
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2009, 10:28 PM
    Yup! When I was darker I had perfect skin! Not a blemish anywhere. It wasnt until I began the bleaching process that I got the marks and when BC came into the mix, it made it onyl that much worst.:mad:..Ive been checking Retin A out and Im really not sure which one to use tho..If you look at the post above you'll see how LOST i am...lol :p
    Afroqueen may be best to try the retin-a (tretinoin) gel 0.025% USP first, this is their mildest if you have never used any exfoiliant, aha, or peels before or if you have sensitive skin. How strong is the Neutrogena Rapid Clear 2 in 1 Fight and Fade gel (w/AHA)? Because the retin-a is quite strong as is... believe me!
    dessaml Posts: 210, Reputation: 9

Nov 15, 2009, 05:53 AM
    Afroqueen may be best to try the retin-a (tretinoin) gel 0.025% USP first, this is their mildest if you have never used any exfoiliant, aha, or peels before or if you have sensitive skin. How strong is the Neutrogena Rapid Clear 2 in 1 Fight and Fade gel (w/AHA)? Because the retin-a is quite strong as is...believe me!
    Take into consideration the amount of hyperpigmentation or scarring. If you have a few marks here and there then yes, 0.025% is the way to go, but if you're trying to correct a lot of damage then you'll need 0.1%... Also if you're a vet at lightening, chemical peels, microderm and such then go for the higher stuff, but if you're a skin virgin maybe start lower. I bought 0.1% and didn't bother with the lower junk, but I was trying to undue YEARS of heavy hyperpigmentation damage.
    divaforlyfe Posts: 39, Reputation: 7

Nov 15, 2009, 03:27 PM

@ Golden_Girl
    Yeah I got a really nice glow when I got my peel done, I had ingrown hair marks on my face and it really lighten them up. This thanksgiving I'm doing a head to toe with lactic acid, I'll let you know how that goes, it also helps you creams work more potent in my opinion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mom is depressed and she's making me depressed what do I do! [ 6 Answers ]

Hello I am 14 years old and my mom is depressed and is making me depressed I started working with her and she freaked out at me because I didn't sweep properly, she brought me home and just left. How do I help her and help myself! I'm starting to think of suicide but I can't just leave...

What the hell! [ 13 Answers ]

Hi everyone, please give me some insight on this. My girlfriend of 3 years broke up with me on my birthday 3 months ago today. She was a very dominate person, she wanted the truth about everything no matter how small the subject. I was married before for 12 years and have a step-son...

In hell. [ 4 Answers ]

I work for the VA. I work with an irritating individual. She quests for power and does everything to get it. I was detailed to another department which I loved. Now I am back And although I have spoken with her superiors, she is still quietly making my (our) Workplace a hostile one. For...

Sis from hell [ 3 Answers ]

My mom died last yr , my sister who's lives there not worked in 28 yrs , substance both drugs & achol. Now moms got a loan for what we or my other sibling knew nothing about , now its behind light off & other utilites she's the only 1 that lives in the state of mo she sells drugs outa the house &...

What the hell can I do ! [ 12 Answers ]

Hey guys and ladis.. I know that so silly for what I ask for.. but any way I'll talk ;]. It's about Social relations , I feel like am afraid from all people around me.. stuck into my room.. Sorry about that, 2 post like the same question.. But for me no , really I feel scared when m going...

View more questions Search