Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ameriman1 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2009, 08:37 PM
    No power to the stat controller
    I put in a new transformer, and just put in a new board. A couple of days ago I went to shut my heater off and there was no led on the controller. There is still no 24vac getting to r & c where the wires from the thermostat connect. And when I close the door the fan comes on, the only way I can shut it off is to unplug it or leave the door off. I'm just perplexed as to why there is no 24v to the stat. On the board I am getting 24vac to the gas... so...
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2009, 09:20 PM
    Start by posting brand/model # of the heater. If blower runs continuously and you are lacking control voltage, this is usually caused by an open limit switch of some type.

Nov 6, 2009, 10:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KC13 View Post
    Start by posting brand/model # of the heater. If blower runs continuously and you are lacking control voltage, this is usually caused by an open limit switch of some type.
    It's a carrier model 394jaw036065 I am pretty sure it's a limiting switch and am suspecting it's the vsss (vent safety shutof switch) but I don't know where it's at. I was looking at the schematic and it says it's a manual reset
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2009, 10:14 PM
    If both schematic and ladder diagrams are present, colors of wires connected to these devices would be indicated. There's your clue. Vent/draft safeguard switches are usually located closer to the flue, inducer, or draft diverter.

Nov 6, 2009, 10:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KC13 View Post
    If both schematic and ladder diagrams are present, colors of wires connected to these devices would be indicated. There's your clue. Vent/draft safeguard switches are usually located closer to the flue, inducer, or draft diverter.
    Man I looked everywhere... unfortunately the schematic shows the breadboard exterior and interior. I followed the line and there is nothing on it... according the schematic, the vsss is inline on 'R' and looks like has a hook into sec 1... I went out one line and was looking at vsss switches... there is nothing like that on this thing that I can tell.

Nov 6, 2009, 10:34 PM

You, that was it... I found it... geez... should have read more carefully could have saved myself 140.00... well, at least I have new electronics... should last for another 20 years haha...

Thanks man, that was the trigger I need to get my brain working...
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2009, 10:40 PM
    Pass it on... ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A/C thermostat Controller Power is not ON [ 0 Answers ]

HELP I have a HoneyWell T8131C controller. If I place is it in the ON position A/C use to work. I was not able to set the timer or schedule anything. Went to Home Depot and bought RH6900 to replace which was not successful. I have connected my old controller T8131 but power LED light is not ON ...

Earthnet Controller & Network Controller - missing drivers [ 1 Answers ]

I can't get on the internet because my network controller and my ethernet controller have no drivers, therefore, no connection is made. I cannot update the drivers because the software can't be found in my computer and I can't go onto the internet to retrieve it with my laptop. Whenever I...

Power robbing stat acts weird with the fan wire [ 7 Answers ]

I switched to a new Hi-Tech stat from HAI called the Omnistat2. It connects to my PC and has a color changing background display. Very nice unit. However it can draw up to 60mA at 24VAC. My old thermostat worked great, it was an old Janitrol. It was a "power robbing" type, but my DMM says it...

Just 3 wire T-Stat connection, new stat, diff letters [ 6 Answers ]

Hi all, I've done tons of reading and can't find my specific wiring, tstat combo to figure it out... hopefully someone can shed some light on it for me. Natural gas forced air furnace, no air conditioning. Had a honeywell for the last 9 years, easy install, labelled easy. (but its dead) Wire...

View more questions Search