Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    foodie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2009, 08:02 PM
    My boss is sending mixed signal. What does it mean?
    Hi,

I've just joined a new department few months back.. and my boss has been behaving totally professional until one day, there was this company event where we all went karaoke. When people was just singing, he took my hands and suddenly twirl me and made me dance with him when no body else danced. I quickly grabbed other people to dance with us so I'd not be ended up dancing just with him..
    Afterwards he sang a love song, he turned around to me and made it as if he was singing for me..
    He was not drunk at all but he was kind of touchy in the sense that whenever I was near him, he'd put his hands on my waist for a few secs.
    When we were looking at the pics taken that night, there was a close up picture of me and he said "sexy"

Am I wrong to say that he was flirting with me that night?

HOWEVER, the next day everything went back to normal.. he never seemed to flirt with me anymore. I feel that he's being extra careful with me e.g. When he's free he'll chat more with other girls compared to me, and when he asks people out for lunch.. he'd always everybody else first and me last.. he sometimes even just say "you must've had a lunch appointment?" to me.
    In office, he's especially friendly or kind of flirty with 2 other girls in office (one has reputation of being flirty with guys) but I noticed him calling one of these girls my name in 3 different occasions last week alone.

I am confused... what's going on?
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2009, 10:23 PM
    Sounds very strange to me, I would try to distance myself from him and just do my job.:)
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2009, 10:57 PM

He's your boss,he was flirting with you.

Be professional and make the bounderies very clear,you do not have to say anything,but simply by doing your job,not getting involved in office gossip and being aware of your body language around him.

If it becomes a problem,perhaps then you may have to take it further,but for now,steer clear and try to just do your job.
    summer7 Posts: 344, Reputation: 44

Nov 22, 2009, 11:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by redhed35 View Post
    hes your boss,he was flirting with you.

be professional and make the bounderies very clear,you do not have to say anything,but simply by doing your job,not getting involved in office gossip and being aware of your body language around him.

if it becomes a problem,perhaps then you may have to take it further,but for now,steer clear and try to just do your job.
    HI... This is excellent advice by Redhed. These office situations are a nightmare. Please also read my link. Make it clear that you do not welcome his advances.

Click Here: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/workpl...t-401809.html?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What kind of signal is this guy sending me? [ 2 Answers ]

There is this guy like . I think he likes me but I am not completely sure. He smiles at me every time I look at him. When we is talking to me his voice turns nervous, and when he is to close to me he never hold the eye contact for long, he only does this when I am a bit far from him. :rolleyes: He...

She's sending me so many mixed signals. [ 6 Answers ]

Hey everyone, Well I was in a long distance relationship... basically this girl added me on myspace, she lives in cali, I live in Maine. I was looking through her profile and thought, man she seems like a pretty cool girl, into country music, mudding, all of that. Everything I looked for in a...

Does He Care? (He is sending mixed signals) [ 2 Answers ]

I have been dating a guy for about a month now. He is older and recently separated/divorced from his wife. At first, we begin the relationship on a casual level just calling one another friends and having a good time. In the beginning, he stated he was not ready for a commitment and he enjoys...

Guy sending mixed signals [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, there's this guy I've liked for a bit now. He always compliments me and says he wants to hang out. As soon as I make a plan to he some how avoids doing it or cancels. Or some days we'll talk non stop and the next day he won't even say hi. He's very touchy and close with other girls and I don't...

View more questions Search