Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bhayne Posts: 339, Reputation: 4

Nov 8, 2006, 03:27 PM
    Scottgem is not Canadian. Canada has a much weaker judicial sysem than the US. If there is an 'arrest' record, is there a 'false arrest' record?

If not, then it is discrimination. Canada leads in discrimination and even has a Powerful Human Rights Commission that would have jumped on the issue.

No, I cannot believe that Canada keeps a record for those that have been arrested.

BTW, you can add Police Officers to the end of your list!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 8, 2006, 04:41 PM
    BH is correct, I'm not Canadian. But most law enforcement agencies DO keep records of arrests. Its NOT discrimination to keep a record of an arrest if the record also shows the disposition of the arrest. If the record shows the charges dismissed or it shows brought to trial with an aquittal or whatever the result, that's not discrimination. Its also possible for an arrest record to be expunged if there was a mistake.
    natalija Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Nov 8, 2006, 08:24 PM
    Hello,
    According to what you (ScottGem) said, is that possible I drop the case later in the future?

With the help of a lawer , because now I am not at that situation to pay, but first I try to get a job , and froiget about my offer in the government( that is the price I am paying) then be able to hire a athorney and drop the sase!! Any hope??
    Thanks
    N
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 9, 2006, 06:18 AM
    First I don't think you should drop the govt offer. IF they turn you down because of this incident, which I don't think they will, then you go on from there.

When you have some money, you can consult with an attorney to see about getting your record completely expunged. A local atty will be able to advise you better on the possibilities of that.

Frankly, I think you are getting yourself all worked up over very little. The incident happened and is past. Go on with your life, just don't go back to the mall until the Trespass order has expired.
    natalija Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Dec 11, 2006, 02:09 PM
    They gave me ticket "OFFENCE NOTICE 65&fine", Municipality ottawa, and the part of "are request to appear in court"in the ticket is empty, + from the mall security, they gave me a notice of "PROHIBITING ENTRY" TRESPASS TO PROPERTY ACT for one year.

Go this link http://www.paytickets.com/, my ticket looks like the the first ticket from the top, under the step 3.

Answer to my question soon. I want to run to the post office

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My security [ 2 Answers ]

I was renting a duplex and the lease expired on 07/31/06. On 08/05/06, I went to see my landlord to drop off rent for the month of August and to talk to him about renewing my lease since him nor his wife came to me before the expiration of my lease to discuss this matter with me. After I handed...

Security [ 3 Answers ]

I just installed a new version of Norton's Internet Security. Now a box will pop up asking me if I want to allow certain sites. How can I make an informed decision when it just says hcm.exe. I do not know what program this would allow to execute. Can you tell me what hcm.exe is and how I can find...

Server Security [ 1 Answers ]

I have a good ISP. I recently loaded limewire. Limewire now wants permission to pass thro my firewall to load a Server. Is it safe to give permission?

Security [ 3 Answers ]

Recently divorcing and having utilized many different options to get information from husbands cell, computer, etc. via this site... I've come to realize that security is not as secure as one may think. Can anyone tell me a program or system (I'm not computer literate here) that can secure your...

View more questions Search