Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yablocker Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2009, 02:48 PM
    Retreiving Lost files on HD
    I have used a number of applications to recover a number of lost music files on my HD after a format. The problem is that when ever I scan the results show up as MDP files. How do I open these files to find the files that I want to recover.
    Thank you in advance.
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2009, 02:56 PM

Rename the files with the extension you think they really are. Then try to open them with the program that normally plays them. If they are what you think they are, they will work fine. Otherwise, you'll probably get some sort of error saying that the file is corrupt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to recover lost files? [ 10 Answers ]

Ok... For the last seven hours I was trying to figure out how to solve my big problem... I let my cousin, who is seven, to play with my other notebook, Windows Vista... He deleted my entire Desktop... I managed to recover 99% of the files... All except for one... The most important one called...

Lost files [ 2 Answers ]

We had a problem with our computer. We went into Word and Excel to retrieve files but all of our folders were gone. It was like it was a brand new installation of each. I have been able to get some files doing a search, but I want my stuff back the way it was, so I don't have to go through that...

Lost important files [ 2 Answers ]

Recently I added a hard drive and moved some of my important Documents contents to it. I checked carefully, and all was there - NOT shortcuts, but the whole files. Then I deleted the files from my C drive and emptied my recycle bin... THEN, most of them were gone from the new drive as well. ...

Lost help files in Win XP applications [ 3 Answers ]

After installing SP2 lost XP Office applications help pages. Accessing help when in Excel or Word etc gives left hand pane with contents/index but right hand pane gives error message "Action Cancelled- Internet Explorer could not link web page..." etc etc. All files in Office\1033 folder seem OK...

Lost cab files [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I seem to have misplaced my win98se disk, and I'm in need of base5.cab to install a usb pci card, and a web cam Can anyone spare the file? Send to: [email protected]

View more questions Search