Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Haiku Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2009, 01:13 PM
    Gas water heater
    My pilot light has been relit twice. According to the person doing the job, he confirms that after ten minutes, the pilot has remained on. However it seems to have go off after this period. What does this mean and what can a person expect to pay in costs for parts and labor? Thank you!
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2009, 03:46 PM

How old is your tank? Could be a vent probem.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2009, 06:45 PM

Thermocouple can be cleaned with sandpaper or replaced. The copper thing that sits in the pilot flame.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 6, 2009, 06:49 PM

It is unknown as to what the issue could be, while very likely a thermocouple it can be anything including gas supply.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need help deciding between a tank or tankless water heater [ 19 Answers ]

Which one saves me money; the tankless water heater or conventional tank water heater? :confused:

No hot water in shower and water heater affects both cold and hot water flow [ 1 Answers ]

1. No hot water coming from shower even though there is hot water coming from face basin in same bathroom and throughout the house( moen plumbing) 2. when water heater valve to house is turned off the cold water and hot water from shower does not flow, yet in other faucets throughout the house...

Power vent water heater verus a direct vent water heater [ 2 Answers ]

I am replacing a leaking 40 gallon reliance gas water heater. The former owner put in a regular (not power or direct vent water heater) illegally. I want to replace the heater with a power vent model but there is no electricity in tbe closet. In addition, if there is a power outage, there will be...

Water heater hookup with sidearm supplimental heater [ 0 Answers ]

Hello: I'm hooking up a sidearm heater to an existing electric water heater for use with an outdoor wood furnace. I've seen diagrams showing the upper port of the potable water side hooked up to the anode port, the TPV port, and the cold water inlet port. My initial thought is that plumbing it into...

Connecting a tankless water heater and separate hot water heater [ 6 Answers ]

What I have is this. An oil fired boiler that generates hot water for my house baseboard heating system. Contained within the boiler is a tankless heater that is heated by way of the firebox in the boiler. The tankless heater is used only for domestic hot water. It has a separate CW supply to the...

View more questions Search