Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RodJaq Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2009, 11:49 AM
    Dryer Drum Hangs Down
    I have a 5 yr old Frigidaire (LP) Dryer and it squeaks loudly as it operates. After removing the front panel to check it out, I see nothing to support the front end of the drum for it to turn on. The inside of the front panel behind the door there is "felt"padding that looks to be where the drum might rotate on. On the upper side of felt padding, there is only one plastic piece that is attached. Does this plastic part support the drum front as it turns? Should there be more than one of these "supports"? Thank you for your help!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 6, 2009, 11:51 AM
    <moved from Forum Help to Appliances>
    RodJaq Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2009, 11:54 AM
    How Do I Fix A Dryer Drum That Hangs Down?
    I have a 5 yr old Frigidaire (LP) Dryer that squeals loudly and traps clothes between the drum and the front panel, damaging them. After removing the front panel, I see the drum drooping down. On the inside of the front panel around the opening, there is padding with a piece of plastic attached. Is the drum supported by this plastic and should there be more than one pf these plastic pieces? Thank for your help!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 6, 2009, 11:57 AM
    Please be patient. We volunteer our time here and the person(s) who may have the answer to your question may not be online at the moment. It is not necessary to continue to post the same question over and over.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dryer drum [ 0 Answers ]

My dryer does not turn but there is heat, what is wrong?

View more questions Search