Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crazygirl09 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2009, 09:30 AM
    Need JoB.
    Hi I am 15 I am looking for a job and I live in Oklahoma and I would like to know if there are any jobs that will take me and I live around macalster area
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Nov 6, 2009, 11:02 AM

1. You need to obtain a work permit as you are a 15 yr old minor in Oklahoma.

2. Learn the child labor laws in your state. How many hours you can work during the school week, weekends, summer, holidays, etc.

3. Start asking for applications at restaurants, stores, the mall, and other places that seem to have young staff. Fill it out, turn it in (wear something nice when you do as they might interview you on the spot).

4. Getting involved in extra curricular activities in school will spruce up an application.

5. Start searching sites such as craigslist classifieds: jobs, housing, personals, for sale, services, community, events, forums, Find Jobs. Build a Better Career. Find Your Calling. | Monster.com, Jobs & Employment | Full & Part Time Job Search | Seasonal Jobs | SnagAJob.com and one especially for teen jobs/summer jobs: Summer Jobs, Part Time Jobs, Teen Jobs, Student Jobs: Groove Job

Good luck on your search.
    sprtrmpcnsltng Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2009, 05:18 PM

Honestly I would find people you know and ask them for work. Farmers, small business etc. can get around the rules easier. OR you could get a paper route, or even better, start your own business. My first business was a shoe shine stand when I was 7.

Networking is the number one way to get a job. SO instead of asking strangers here, ask people you know around home.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2009, 08:05 PM
    Hi, crazygirl09!

Do you live in a neighborhood where there are a lot of people, please?

Thanks!
    Vision Expert

Nov 12, 2009, 12:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sprtrmpcnsltng View Post
    Honestly I would find people you know and ask them for work. Farmers, small business etc. can get around the rules easier.
    In leui of a reddie, I thought I'd actually reply. "Getting around the rules" isn't really the best advice to be giving a 15-year-old. They need to learn responsibility, honesty, work ethic and dependabilty. Those rules are set for a reason. Would you let your 15 year old kid work 40 hours on a school week, or get unreasonably low pay for hard work or get someone in trouble for not reporting an employee on taxes? I'm sorry but this is not good advice.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2009, 02:39 AM
    Originally Posted by sprtrmpcnsltng
    Honestly I would find people you know and ask them for work. Farmers, small business etc. can get around the rules easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma View Post
    In leui of a reddie, I thought I'd actually reply. "Getting around the rules" isn't really the best advice to be giving a 15-year-old. They need to learn responsibility, honesty, work ethic and dependabilty. Those rules are set for a reason. Would you let your 15 year old kid work 40 hours on a school week, or get unreasonably low pay for hard work or get someone in trouble for not reporting an employee on taxes? I'm sorry but this is not good advice.
    Very sound advice there, Momma! Very sound advice...

Thanks!
    sprtrmpcnsltng Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2009, 10:14 PM

Sound advice if the advice is not getting a job. She asked how to get a job. Not how to get a job while maintaining a moral decorum dictated by others. If she wants moral advice I'll give it to her. But I'll take the comments as good indicators of factors to consider when helping others in the future.
    Vision Expert

Nov 18, 2009, 01:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sprtrmpcnsltng View Post
    moral decorum dictated by others.
    Actually they're laws.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What do I do to file w/ no income except one 'contract job'? [ 2 Answers ]

Here's the deal - I need to file my taxes because I am done with being this broke and am going back to school (health prof). I'm just lost how to file taxes for this situation: I spent 6 months or more helping my mom get her company started and she didn't pay me but fed me, that kind of thing....

View more questions Search