Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    niteshlodha Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2009, 11:09 PM
    Speaking
    I have problem speaking.
    I am not able to express my ideas exactly in the way I want to. There is no flow in my sentence,my words gets jumbled in every sentence I make. I really don know wats my problem,I take my own time to locate the words but still I find it hard to make a perfect sentence.
    But this doesn't happens sometimes.I speak so fluently and that really makes feel good about it.
    But that doest stay for long . Please help me.I am really worried and don't mingle socially only for this reason.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2009, 11:15 PM

How old are you and how long has this been going on?

The other day in my psychology class, we were talking about the brain and how brain damage to certain areas can affect speech. Obviously I can't diagnose you through a computer or based on part of a lecture from an intro psych class, but maybe it's something you should discuss with your dr as something to look into.
    GrantHillsSA Posts: 405, Reputation: 9

Nov 7, 2009, 05:01 PM

Hi there

Have you Googled your problem?
    Have you seen a speech therapist?

Try:

http://www.google.co.za/url?sa=t&sou...Eza3OYoQrh_jTA

I myself being glued to my PC almost everyday have noticed that the friend you make online don't always stay your friends.
    The real friends you'll make is in real life. And remember, real friends are the people who stand by you trough thick and thin. They won't see your problem as a problem.
    Have you also noticed that LOST of people looking at themselves in the mirror are not satisfied with the way they look. Although you might think this person is crazy because they are really beautiful.

Don't ever think of yourself as handicapped or something like that. Listen to what your current friends are saying about you. If they don't then ask them what the honestly think of you.

If anybody has ever said anything nasty about you, you'll notice that it is only the people who do not know you.

Cheers
    Grant
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 7, 2009, 07:37 PM

Have you had a stoke, or brain injury or some physcial injury that may have caused a issue.

Are or have you gone though serouis emotional issues that may be causing a lot of stress ?

But if this is something that was not happening and is now, you need to see a medical professional.

At the hospital where I work, we deal with serious brain injury to help them with various treatments
    sprtrmpcnsltng Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2009, 05:51 PM

I would practice by writing my thoughts out in a journal. Do some meditating and focus on becoming clear and understood.

80% of the speech is what the other person chooses to hear.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Public speaking [ 7 Answers ]

I am a Junior in college and a communication major and I have an issue with public speaking. When I stand in front of a class I start to blush which is so apparent. This blushing issue that I have makes me self conscience and I start to stutter, becoming a total mess. I also have a very soft and...

Public Speaking [ 7 Answers ]

I've got to give a 10min talk to a class of 40 young boys and girls What all should I keep in my mind as in body language, facial expressions and eye contact

3 1/2 not speaking, what can I do? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am worried that there is something wrong with my daughter, she is 3 years old now will turn 4 in August but she doesn't have any clear words yet. She can say "papa", "momma", "morning", "bye". She replies when called. She sways (dance) to music. But if she doesn't get she shouts and...

Child Age 2 Not Speaking [ 3 Answers ]

I have a niece age 2. He can only say two words. Vomits most of the time, and when he shows his anger, he will force himself to vomit or bang his head. Poor eye contact.

My son is not speaking [ 16 Answers ]

My son is almost 2 and 1/2 and only says 4 words. He's a very happy little boy, he's also intelligent and likes to be around other people but when I see other children I worry that he's not developing the same way as them. He was also a very late walker, he walks fine now. Someone told me he could...

View more questions Search