Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Christo1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2009, 10:58 PM
    Newton's law and sports
    Using tennis describe your sport using all of newton's three laws?
    Nhatkiem Posts: 120, Reputation: 9

Nov 5, 2009, 11:24 PM

Can you name his laws and what the laws mean? That should help you discuss this further.

I'll start with the first one for you.

Newton's first law is the law of Inertia, that an object in motion will stay in motion and an object at rest will stay at rest unless a net force acts upon it. This merely means that an object in motion will travel in that motion until some force stops it, and an object whose speed is 0 will remain 0 until some force causes it to accelerate.
    DrewL Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2009, 12:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Christo1 View Post
    Using tennis describe your sport useing all of newton's three laws?
    First law definition: Every object in a state of uniform motion tends to remain in that state of motion unless an external force is applied to it.

Example using tennis: The tennis ball will keep moving in the direction it was hit, until the opponent hits the ball back.

Second law definition: The force applied to a body produces a proportional acceleration. The equation F=ma (where F is Net Force, m is mass, and a is acceleration) shows this proportion.

Example using tennis: When lightly hitting the ball with the racket, the ball moves very slowly. If the force used to hit the ball with the racket is increased, the acceleration will increase proportionally.

Third law definition: For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Example using tennis: When hitting a tennis ball, there is a recoil upon contact.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Newton's 3rd law [ 2 Answers ]

When finding force of something can you use grams or do you have to convert to kg. Because I thought it had to be convertered to kg but my question only works out when I leave it in grams?

Newton's 3rd Law [ 2 Answers ]

When a horse pulls on a cart, the cart pulls on the horse with an equal but opposite force. How is the horse able to pull the cart?

Newton's Second Law [ 2 Answers ]

I need help understanding how to solve this problem F=ma if: how much force is needed to acceleratea 1000-kg car at a rate of 3m/s-squared I don't understand the steps involved. Thanks for your help.

Newton's Laws [ 1 Answers ]

What are real examples of Newton's first three laws and how?

View more questions Search