Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2009, 07:06 PM
    Repel borders
    The Taliban have a pecular idea that others would not fight as persistently as they do for their homeland. I expect that being confined to a small landlocked part of Asia colours their thinking about their place in the world but to threaten the inhabitants of a place that have at least as feirce a reputation as themselves is not wise
    Australia must join Muslim Asia or perish - Taliban | National News | News.com.au
    I would like them to know that we are surrounded by at least as much water as they are land and unless the inhabitants of Asia have improved their swimming skills we expect they will continue doing what they have done for generations, fighting each other, in other words; up your nose with a rubber hose!:D

Now in the spirit of discussing things not american...
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2009, 04:22 AM
    AN official Taliban publication warns Australia that it will have to assimilate into a dominant Asia or face the prospect of being overpowered and forced to take population overspill from Asia.
    Perhaps theTaliban are not the best spokespeople for this thought. But that doesn't mean that other more powerful nations or populus ones couldn't force your hand.
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Nov 6, 2009, 08:12 AM

Clete,

This is not the first time that Muslim terrorists have underestimated their enemies.

They think that they are the masters of suicide attacks using airplanes. They forget that the Japanese perfected this technique 6 decades before they used it.

They think that they are the only ones capable of living in austerity to fight for a cause. They forget that the Spartans perfected suffering and self-sacrifice as a method a training for war long before their societies ever came into existence.

They think that they are the masters of torture and execution and brutality. They don't realize that the rest of Asia and Europe have long histories of torture, execution and brutality of prisoners. They INVENTED most of the methods of torture used by terrorists today.

And now they are underestimating the feirceness of how others will fight for their land, believing that they are the only ones who have the will to fight to the death.

While the rest of the world shouldn't be proud of our accomplishments in these areas, neither should we shy away from them. And we shouldn't allow the brutality of the enemy sway us from our willingness to fight. We've already seen everything they've got, and we've done MUCH worse ourselves over time. There's nothing the terrorists can do that we haven't seen before and can't handle.

Just something to think about.

Elliot
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2009, 02:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Perhaps theTaliban are not the best spokespeople for this thought. But that doesn't mean that other more powerful nations or populus ones couldn't force your hand.
    We have long been host to those who see the Asian invasion in the form of China or Japan as a real threat. The Idea of living space popular with Japan in WWII but it is illusionary. It is doubtful that this continent could support more than 50 million people in anything other than subsistance conditions. The absence of water is the key factor, our major waterway which drains half the continent has all but dried up. Confining us mostly to coastal regions. Like Canada we have a county which is a long narrow strip of habital area with a vast inhospitable interior. Now to an Afghan this might look like nirvanna but don't let our 1 million camel population fool you, they are quickly turning what's left into desert. There is a reason why there weren't many aboriginal people here in 1770 despite their "long" occupation of the continent
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2009, 02:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ETWolverine View Post
    Clete,

This is not the first time that Muslim terrorists have underestimated their enemies.

They think that they are the masters of suicide attacks using airplanes. They forget that the Japanese perfected this technique 6 decades before they used it.

They think that they are the only ones capable of living in austerity to fight for a cause. They forget that the Spartans perfected suffering and self-sacrifice as a method a training for war long before their societies ever came into existence.

They think that they are the masters of torture and execution and brutality. They don't realize that the rest of Asia and Europe have long histories of torture, execution and brutality of prisoners. They INVENTED most of the methods of torture used by terrorists today.

And now they are underestimating the feirceness of how others will fight for their land, believing that they are the only ones who have the will to fight to the death.

While the rest of the world shouldn't be proud of our accomplishments in these areas, neither should we shy away from them. And we shouldn't allow the brutality of the enemy sway us from our willingness to fight. We've already seen everything they've got, and we've done MUCH worse ourselves over time. There's nothing the terrorists can do that we haven't seen before and can't handle.

Just something to think about.

Elliot
    I agree with you Elliot, we have not been unleashed upon these fellows and history tells us every one of our soldiers is worth at least ten, perhaps a hundred, of theirs and we don't need to resort to their desperation tactics. All of this is some sort of response to the current illegal immigrant problem of boat people of whom Afghans make up a large proportion. Many do seek resettlement here and are not allowed to wander across the border as they do in Pakistan. I expect they think we should open our borders and take all the people they have displaced, after all they would do the same for us. It is an unfortunate fact that the Muslims think they are the inheritors of the Earth.

These people are arrogant because they are ignorant and uneducated in anything but Islam. They have no knowledge of what the world is, they see it only in terms of their seventh century religion and the limited perspective of their mountain valleys. When your horizon is a couple of miles away you don't see much

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do opposites attract or repel? [ 5 Answers ]

I have liked this guy at my work for a few months now and only got the courage to let him know when I left (a month ago) I sent him an email to say that I would like to keep in touch with him and he replied totally ignoring that part but asking me how I was and that "they" missed me at work. ...

Do we have borders or not! [ 14 Answers ]

I just watched a story about our borders and lack of being able to control them, and the guy they interviewed said the twelve million illegals already in this country, without documentation or credential, should be aloud to stay... because "they're here already" No account on how they are taking...

CSS borders show up for th but not td [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, I have the following in my css file, and then have a table defined with <table class="whiteBoard">. For some reason, my th cells show the black borders around the cells as I would expect, but the td cells do not. I can't figure out why the td cells have no borders. Anyone see...

Paint over borders? [ 3 Answers ]

I have borders in the rooms that I will be painting with new latex paint. Can I paint the room over the existing borders and then repaint the borders with a different color paint to highlight them, to make them seem that they are a new border without the detail and just a new paint color? I will...

View more questions Search