Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Leanne Kilden Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2009, 05:22 PM
    Does he really want to get back together?
    So I've been dating this one guy for around three months now. Before this, we were best friends for two years, so we knew everything about each other and it was very easy to transition into being girlfriend and boyfriend. We got serious fast, and were pretty sure that we would last for years.

Recently, I've been under a lot of emotional stress from school, and have been feeling very insecure about the fact that he has friends that are girls that he talks to a lot. The jealous feelings were accumulating, and when I finally decided to tell him that I wished that he would just not mention them so much in front of me, he agreed but got weird afterward..
    He was distant, and didn't seem very much into our relationship. This lasted for about a week, and finally I couldn't take it anymore and I said that we needed to take time to reconsider our relationship. He seemed very upset, and I knew then that he really did still have feelings for me.

I called him later on and he agreed that it would be best if we took time off. The thing is, I'm not even sure if he still wants to try, even though he still cares for me, I'm not sure if he wants a relationship. I asked him, and he said he'd wait around, but I'm terrified that by the end of it, he won't want to continue our relationship. I'm getting mixed signals, and it's confusing me.

I love him very much, and I want us to work out, but I'm not sure how to feel. Please help!
    bones252100 Posts: 253, Reputation: 29

Nov 5, 2009, 05:38 PM

Quoting "Dear Abby":
    If it's really love , it will wait.
    If it's not, who cares!
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2009, 08:53 AM

Instead of worrying about this you should do what you asked him to do, and take advantage of this time you have seperatly. DON'T WORRY ABOUT HIM! The only person you have to worry about is you-as long as you are doing things right, that's all you have to worry about. Let him clear his own mind and come to his own conclusion about the relationship. Clear your mind and wait for him to get back to you. If you think it's worth another try, make your wishes known. If he wants to break it off, then that's what will happen. (two people can't have a relationship if one wants to leave.) Be open-minded and come up with your own feelings. If you are planning on telling him you want to leave, and he comes to you saying he wants to stay- don't compromise your feelings for him. Stick with what you say, and don't worry about him. Don't call him or ask him, or spend all your time wondering. Focus on your own opinion about the relationship.
    277728046 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2009, 01:45 AM
    His names not Jeff is it?
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2009, 02:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 277728046 View Post
    his names not Jeff is it?
    This is neither relevant or helpful to the poster.

As for the OP:

You knew this guy for 2 years prior dating him, which is helpful.

Why did the jealousy creep up? You knew how he was already. Did he ever "cheat" on previous girlfriends? Has he given you motive to not trust him [jealousy can make things ugly].

Do you have guy friends? How does he feel about that? Would you cut off your guy friends for him?

I can see why he's acting the way he is. My suggestion to you is to suck it up and tell him even though him having many friends whom are girls makes you a tad jealous it doesn't mean he needs to stop being friends with them.

Let him know how you feel and talk it through.

If you can't even talk through this then I highly doubt this relationship will work at all.

Be clear about how you feel. Talk about it for cripes sakes you're a couple, if you can't talk to him well then may as well end it right now before you two start getting all these mixed signals and end up more hurt than ever.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low cold water pressure in 2 showers... Not back to back config however [ 8 Answers ]

My home is 16 years old, I've had it for 5 years. I am on a pump - with 70LBS high cutoff and 55lbs Low turn on. All copper - I have 2 Delta 1600 shower faucets - one tub spicket with shower diverter - one shower only. The tub/shower combo has allways had only a trickle of cold water and...

Can the IRS keep my back pay for Social Security Disability If I owe back taxes [ 4 Answers ]

I owe back federal taxes of approximately $13,000.00. I have a back payment of approximately $20.000.00 coming from Social Security Disability. How much money will the IRS keep of this money if any, and will they notify me before hand

Back to back bathtub and shower backing-up in to each other [ 1 Answers ]

The house is a 1950's split level. I have a tub and shower that are back to back and when you run one, it backs-up in to the other. I have opened up the bathtub stopper and removed a lot of hair and grease using an auger. I have had a little trouble putting the bathtub stopper back in place where...

Back child support and social security disability back pay [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Texas and I am making court ordered payments fro back child support for a non-minor child. I will be receiving social security disability soon and was wondering since I am making payments will my social security back pay be garnished?:confused:

2 periods back to back with large blood clots! [ 6 Answers ]

I have just stared yet another period after just ending one 5 days ago. I had major pain with the last one, I have never had that kind of pain before. Now with this period I just found an extremely large blood clot. Although it looked more like tissue then an actual bllod clot. What could this be...

View more questions Search