Ask
    orlandoafb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2009, 10:55 AM
    Heatpump singlestage & honeywell rth7500
    I am trying to hook up honeywell rth7500 to singlestage hestpump
    I have 5 wires g y w r b
    I hooked the green to g the yellow to y the w to o/b
    Red to R BLUE TO C
    The unit works great that way the heat comes on goes off as it should however the cooling comes on runs good but when it goes off there is something still on and a soft humm or running noise comes through the ventilation system (won`t stop keeps going)
    Honeywell tech says that is normal for this thermostat it is annoying and I believe something is running that shouldn`t and will eventuall burn out if always on please help
    I am new to this if I am doing anything wrong iN asking this question olease let me know thanks
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 5, 2009, 11:36 AM
    If you talked to Honeywell and they say it is normal then it must be normal. You can ttrace down the noise by going to your indoor unit and finding the problem. Post back with your results.
    dac122 Posts: 463, Reputation: 17

Nov 5, 2009, 04:05 PM

Yes trace down the noise. Tangentially, I am interested to know what Honeywell thinks is normal about this - that is, keeping something energized.
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2009, 04:49 PM
    You connected "W" to "O/B"? The hum is probably the electric auxiliary heater. That is NOT normal. Correct this ASAP or problems with the auxiliary will surface - and soon. "W" circuit should be connected to "W" terminal on t-stat.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 5, 2009, 04:55 PM
    It is probably the transformer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing Janitrol HTP 18-60 with Honeywell RTH7500 [ 4 Answers ]

I am replacing a Janitrol HPT 18-60 with a Honeywell RTH7500. The Janitrol has 7 wires - C, E, W2, Y, G, R, and O. The Honeywell does not have a terminal for the W2 wire. Where does it go?

How to wire Honeywell RTH7500 thermostat [ 4 Answers ]

I have a hunter 40035A thermostat that I'm replacing with a Honeywell RTH7500. Coming out of my wall I have Y W G RC (color is actually blue) RH The RC wire is not connected just capped off The Y, W, G, RH all go to the correct identified places on the Hunter thermostat. There is a...

Wiring Honeywell RTH7500 [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing a White-Rodgers nonprogammable thermostat with a Honeywell RTH7500 programmable thermostat. This is the wiring config on the old thermostat. By the way I have a heat pump with emergency heat. B = Blue wire Y = Yellow wire G = Green wire R = Red wire W = White wire C = Brown...

Installing a RTH7500 Honeywell Theromstate [ 1 Answers ]

I currently have a Honeywell T874R 1053 Thermostat with a Q674L 1140 base. I have eight wires coming out of the wall. They are connected to: T, W, G, R, O, Y, B, X2. There is a jumper wire running from W to X2. None of the help tutorials that Honeywell has, lets you elect eight wires coming...

Replacing Honeywell T8411R with Honeywell RTH7500 - wiring problems [ 1 Answers ]

I need help getting my new, programmable thermostat to work. I currently have a dual-stage Heat Pump and A/C unit that works fine. The current thermostat is the Honeywell T8411R. I don't know the number for the subbase, but it's the one that came with the thermostat. The current (operational)...

View more questions Search