Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pencilpusher Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2009, 09:14 AM
    Asset transfer journal entry
    For the Parent company, what is the correct journal entry to transfer fixed assets to the subsidiary?

DR - Capital Distribution (Equity)
    CR - Equipment (Asset)

Or

DR - Investment Interest in Subsidiary (Asset)
    CR - Equipment (Asset)

Or

??

Please help.

Thanks,
    PP
    Puzzman Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2009, 03:35 AM

Sorry I can't give you exact advise, as I only have experience with the New Zealand/International Reporting Standards.

But both are technically right as the first one in for when you hold a majority interest and second is for a minor interest.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Journal Entry for fixed asset paid via owners capital [ 3 Answers ]

I have a question about how to log a journal entry. I have a piece of furniture that I want to enter as a fixed asset. It was paid by owners capital/investment. Would this be a double journal entry? What are my dr/cr entries? Thanks!

Journal entry sale of depreciable asset [ 1 Answers ]

Need to know the journal entry for the sale of a depreciable asset with book value and remaining and some depreciation taken to date.

Fixed Asset Journal Entry [ 5 Answers ]

Our Balance Sheet needs to reflect the present value of the land and building which is $175,000. We were not using double entry bookkeeping at the time of the purchase, so therefore, we did not record the transaction on our books. I know that entry should include a debit to the fixed assets line...

Fixed Asset Journal Entry [ 1 Answers ]

If a company owns equipment and it is on the books as a fixed asset, then 'leases' it to a financial company for three years -- how do you record the entries? The financial company pays me $50,000 cash for the equipment. I lease / to own it back over the next three years. What would the JE be...

Entering a capital asset journal entry [ 1 Answers ]

We received $50,000 in capital assets in lieu of paying old invoices totaling $16,000 by a customer. If I CR sales and DR Bad Debts for the $16,000 to clear the old invoices on the books and then DR Assets for the $50,000 what would be the offsetting CR entry?

View more questions Search