Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sidhu74 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2009, 12:09 AM
    Monitor not turnd on
    Please suggest any body

I went and got a new HD and plugged it in, turned everything on and…nothing. The system turns on, all fans are on and power is being delivered to everything. The problem is the monitor isn’t receiving a signal. The monitor isn’t the problem as I have tried it on another computer and it was fine. I also tried a different monitor on the “non-working” computer with the same results. The monitor will say it has no signal when it isn’t plugged in to anything, then if it gets plugged into the computer it goes into ‘sleep’ mode like it does when it is plugged in to a computer that is turned off, even though the computer is on.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Nov 5, 2009, 02:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sidhu74 View Post
    I went and got a new HD and plugged it in...
    Video output is not dependent on a hard drive being present. A system will output POST video without a hard drive installed. The computer is not outputting a video signal or else the video input selection on the monitor if it has multiple inputs is set wrong. Typical causes for no video output are a bad video card or motherboard, however anything that prevents POST can be a culprit such as other bad devices such as memory or a power supply. Sometimes reseating all add-in cards and memory will resolve the problem after moving the computer, etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor colors faded (Monitor color problem) [ 5 Answers ]

I have an envision flat screen monitor and the issue is I had a worm on my computer so I had to reboot it.When the startup came up the colors were faded in a blueish light hue . I updated the drives but still nothing worked. I don't know if it's the monitor or vga cable or just the video card in...

Computer monitor as TV monitor [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing my desktop monitor with a larger, wide screen type. Is there a way I can use my old monitor (flat screen) as a television monitor? Is there a cable available to make the transition from a tuner or vcr to the monitor? Is there another device needed to make the transition? Thank...

Monitor 441 [ 4 Answers ]

I have trouble getting a nice blue flame from my monitor since new. It is vented about 10 feet from outside wall. It only burns dull yellow, and soots up really bad. I know I have a combustion air problem, but I don't know if it's the 10 foot length to get there. I suspect it is. I take it to the...

I don't want a dual monitor, but I don't want to use my laptop monitor. [ 1 Answers ]

How do I connect my desktop computer monitor onto my desktop replacement laptop and have it be the default monitor? I am currently using these two as a dual monitor, and have no use for the laptop screen. I want to just close it up, leave it on the side, and pretend I'm just using a desktop...

Monitor to TV? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone, This is probably a stupid question, and I am sure the answer is no (I am not that lucky lol) but does anyone here know if it is possible to turn a computer monitor into a TV? I have two flat screen computer monitors, but I don't need them, but I need a flat screen TV in my bedroom....

View more questions Search