Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    glyoung Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2009, 09:07 PM
    Installilng dual dimmer switch for ceiling fan w/light
    I have installed a ceiling fan with light fixture. Also, I have installed 4 recessed light fixtures. All 5 items are connected to a junction box in the attic. I have installed a 3 gain box in the wall. I have 2 slide dimmer controlling each set of lights. I have one dimmer with a light and fan sliding control. I am having a problem with the fan/light switch. The dimmer switch has 4 leads, black, red, yellow and green. I have connected the leads but only the fan is working not the lights. How should I wire this switch.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2009, 10:32 PM

What color wires do you have coming from the fan going to the fan/light switch?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding a light kit to ceiling fan w/ light & dimmer switch [ 6 Answers ]

I would like to add a light kit to a ceiling fan(cannot find a name on it) that is currently hooked and working up in our family room - since we moved in 6 years ago (house was built in 1991). I would like this to operate like our bedroom ceiling fan (which already has a light attached) and...

Dual Dimmer Switch for light and fan [ 2 Answers ]

I am having trouble also installing a dual dimmer switch for my light and fan. I can only get it to work both at the same time. I have a three wire (plus ground) black, white and red going from the switch box to the fan/light. And I have three wires coming from the fan/light unit and three wires...

Trouble with ceiling fan on a dual fan/light dimmer switch [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed a new Harbor Breeze ceiling fan and dual fan/light dimmer, also from Harbor Breeze. Unfortunately, now I'm scratching my head... Do I have a bad dimmer switch? Here's the problem: 1. The light will turn on only when the fan speed on the wall switch is set to high. 2. When...

View more questions Search