Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rcarian Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2006, 11:10 PM
    Bridesmaid issue
    I asked 2 of my friends to be bridesmaids 2 years ago when I got engaged. I haven't heard from them more than twice each in the last 2 years time. (We used to talk weekly, and hang out often). One of them got married, and I did get invited, but haven't spoken to her outside of that. The other moved away and had a baby,which I found out through the grapevine, not from her. I attempted calling just a few times, but got frustrated as time went on without responses, and their phone numbers changed without notice. I have decided I would like to have all of my female cousins be bridesmaids instead. Is it incredibly wrong to de-bridesmaid the two others? There is a good chance they wouldn't even know about it until the time they'd expect a wedding invite.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2006, 01:52 PM
    A LOT of things can change in 2 years.

It doesn't even sound like you all are friends anymore.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 7, 2006, 01:59 PM
    First you made somewhat of a mistake in asking them so early. What I would do is write each of them a letter saying that you are sorry that you have drifted apart as friends. But since that has happened you feel that having them as bridesmaids is no longer appropriate. You don't want to put them through the expense considering the circumstances. Then wish them well in the future.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shoe Issue [ 3 Answers ]

I just got new carpet and it is dark so everything shows up on it. I also have a 1 year old and I am annoying clean. I had a sign on my door that said Welcome, please remove shoes upon entering thank you. Everyone who comes to my house takes there shoes off and my mother in law did too, however one...

Custody issue. [ 3 Answers ]

I have custody of my niece's youngest three children. All of which are under the age of 3. She has 7 kids but doesn't have custody of any of them. While she was pregnant with the last 2 she was on drugs and constantly talked of getting an abortion because she did not want the kids. Once she had the...

Sign-in issue [ 2 Answers ]

Not sure if this would go here, so patience is appreciated. My sister-in-law is having problems signing in to messengers and the like. I looked up possible resolutions and found one, but I have been unable to get it going. The resolution was to re-register a series of .dll files, which I did,...

Electrical issue [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: A schematic question -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am new to the community. I was wondering if someone could give me a little technical advice. My AC motor went out the other day. I went to buy a new one and the new one isn't...

Is this a issue ? [ 7 Answers ]

PC : XP Pro Service pack 2 --------------------------- Start/Run <typed>MSCONFIG Looked in: Win.Ini Programs It shows: ;msconfig Luke.exe=C:\storage\calarkconnect iso\clarkconnect-2.1iso

View more questions Search