Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jack Spratt Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2009, 11:10 AM
    DCS PC1832 Programming (Night Zone)
    I just had my system installed. I have a numeric keypad only. I am a programmer by trade, but not this systems. I program business systems.

I would like to program some ZONES as Night Zones. So that when I use the Interior Stay mode and press the[*][1] command I would get some additional (Nigth) zones activated.

I have a keypad outside the bedroom door and I would like to activate the basement PIR and main floor PIR, as well as a glass break.

Can someone please guide me step by step to accomplish this programming task.

Many thanks in advance.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2009, 11:15 AM

Have to run, I can help in about an hour when I get Back.
    Are you using All Zones, and do you have any Expanders?

Nov 4, 2009, 11:30 AM

I have an expander and I'm not using all zones. Expander, you mean an additional control pannel box.

I await your assistance, thanks.
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2009, 01:32 PM

I think easiest way would be might be the *71 or *72 Command.
    By default *71 controls PGM Output 1(50ma max current)
    The *72 Command controls Programmable Output #2(300 ma max).
    If you have Smokes, which are usually powered through PGM 2, to allow a Smoke Reset(remove power for 5 seconds),
    Then use PGM 1 to control a three pole relay to Shunt the 3 zones, if EOL's are used then EOL's will be needed at the relay as well for each zone.
    One thought on Glass Breaks, if it is a 24 hour zone, and you don't have Birds, lots of Glass breaking, this way, if an Intruder is in the house during the day, A kid, wife, homeowner could throw an object through a window to trigger a Siren, when a keypad is not in reach.
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2009, 01:47 PM

Altronix.com has nice Products, an RB 7 is a seven pole double throw, it draw 10 ma for each relay, since you are using 3 of them that will be 30 ma. Don't go over 50ma.
    Altronix doesn't make a smaller one, and 2 DPDT relays will exceed the 50 ma.
    Here's the module:
    Altronix: a leading manufacturer of electronics and high technology components

Nov 5, 2009, 12:13 PM

Wow, that's allot of information. I have never programmed these devices before. I need step by step instructions to implement the "Night Zone" functionality. I talked to my installer yesterday and he told me all the zones are Night Zones and I would need to bypass the ones I didn't want on when using that feature. If so,[*][1] should enable all my sensors.

Can someone help me step by step, to read and understand, or better reference material for learning the programming code?
    Uber Member

Nov 5, 2009, 02:59 PM

The 1832 replaces the older PC5010, slight differences/advances with the 1832, I see they have Group Bypassing and is not in the Installers/Programming, which is what I have, I give the Users manual to the customer. I have to go to DSC's site and download the Owners/Operating Manual, you should have that. Read on Group Bypassing, Do you have Smokes, Because if you don't, You could wake in the middle of the night, press reset, and it will toggle those zones in and out, it is 1 button, Bypassing 3 zones usually takes a couple of steps.
    I am curious of other answers as well.
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2009, 07:26 PM

Do you have Owners Manual? If you are satisfied on Group Bypassing method, I Don't want to write out other method needlessly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Programming DSC PC1832 alarm [ 3 Answers ]

HI... How do I change the delay time on a DSC PC1832 STAY-ARM key to 30 seconds delay. Thanks

Programming a DSC PC1832 [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I'm installing and programming a basic home security system. I'm using a DSC PC1832 control panel. I have 2 keypads and a number of devices (door and window contacts, pir's, smoke and heat detectors). The home is divided into 2 suites (owner's and tenant's) and I've partitioned the...

Programming manual dsc pc1832 [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for a programming manual for a dsc pc1832. Could anyone point me in the right direction. Thanks

2 zone oil heat, 2nd zone runs 1st zone [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, We have a 2 zone oil burner. The 1st zone (upstairs) runs separately and works no problem. The 2nd zone(basment), when we try to run 2nd zone separately , it seems to run zone 1(upstairs) and the baseboard heating upstairs gets hot and heats zone 1 even thought we have the t-stat set low...

Programming 3 zone thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I have a multi level home, and it's set up in 3 zones so I can set my thermostat for each zone, up to 4 periods per day, for the whole week(HVAC tech says they now claim this method really doesn't save $). We are comfy at 68 for heat, so if other zones aren't being used for a period, what is...

View more questions Search