Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rmfjr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2009, 11:00 AM
    Questions about adoptive rights for biological parents
    What are the rights of the birth parent who has willingly given their children up for a closed adoption in terms of gaining contact with their children?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 4, 2009, 11:44 AM
    First, please pay more attention to posting guidelines. There is a READ FIRST sticky on the top of the Adoption forum (where this was moved from) that directs question of a legal nature to this forum.

To answer your question, you have none. When you agreed to the adoption and it was finalized, you lost all rights to those children.

You have no right to find out anything about the adoption and no right to try to contact the children until they are at least 18.
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Nov 6, 2009, 10:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rmfjr View Post
    what are the rights of the birth parent who has willingly given their children up for a closed adoption in terms of gaining contact with their children?

I can not understand the question... if closed adoption occurred, then there is no option to maintain contact.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adoptive parents' rights [ 4 Answers ]

I live in Florida. My friend and his wife adopted his son and his sons sister, who is not related to my friend. Their mother wanted them back, so my friend signed over guardianship to her. Now she doesn't want them again, and is telling my friend he must take them back because they are the...

Adoptive parents want to voluntarily terminate their parental rights [ 4 Answers ]

Our 16y/o adopted daughter is adjudicated unruly and classified as a dependent child. She is in foster care with no chance of returning to live in our home as she has many behavior issues that we are not equipped to handle. We are being charged high child support fees including 100% medical...

Adoptive parents name on birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

Can an adoptive parent have their name placed on a birth cerificate?

The adoptive parents aren't abiding by the agreement [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter was abused by an ex boyfriend nearly 3 years ago. I was accused and placed in jail for 8 months before my name was cleared. During the time I had two choices: adoption or foster care. After talking to her father's family, who assured me visitation rights and eventual overnight visits, I...

Okay to live with adoptive parents? [ 17 Answers ]

This situation is a bit complicated, but I'll try to outline it as briefly as possible. :rolleyes: As many of you know, I was raised in foster care, never adopted. After I was emancipated, around the age of 18, I became very close to a friend's parents, to the point where I now consider them...

View more questions Search