Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lisamarie7574 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2009, 08:12 AM
    The Apple Chips I Made Did Not Come Out Crispy!
    Hello!

I followed a recipe from our newspaper for apple chips that simply required that you bake apple slices sprinkled with cinnamon, sugar and nutmeg at 200 degrees Fahrenheit for 2 1/2 hours. It also said that if they still weren't crispy, to leave them in the closed oven overnight. I did all of the above - and they STILL aren't crispy! Is there any way to make them crispy at this point in the game? Or am I destined to have to just eat them as they are?

Thanks so much for your help!

:) Lisa
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2009, 09:54 AM
    I would put them back in the oven for a couple hours, depending on how moist they still are and turn oven off again till they cool and check again.

EDIT: It would be almost like dehydrating them, so just do it again
    MayaLocke Posts: 51, Reputation: 3

Nov 4, 2009, 02:11 PM

That oven temperature is really low, I would make the oven hotter next time - more likely around 350 to dry them out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chocolate chips [ 11 Answers ]

Does any one know of a way to keep chocolate chip candy from melting? Need to take it to a pot luck. There is no frig. Sunduster

Collection agency still calling after payment agreement made & pymts being made [ 4 Answers ]

I have an outstanding bill with Hydro one in Ontario of 800.00 owing since 2003, with interest the bill has now doubled to 1600.00, I was unable to make payments on this bill due to financial reasons, but this past month & half I have been paying 100.00 /month to the collection agency, they are...

Are there spy chips in your clothes? [ 6 Answers ]

Interesting that Levi Strass has something to do with spychips. Use link: spychips.com - how RFID will compromise privacy, security, freedom

View more questions Search