Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Amplissa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2009, 11:34 PM
    Charged With Theft Under, Could I Get Off on it?
    Hello, I'm Krystal, I live in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, and just today I was with my 2 friends Zack and Erica at Superstore. Well I was walking around, not really paying attention to what anyone else was doing, just kind of off in my own world.. Then Erica decided it's time to leave so we give Zack some money to pay for the chips I was carrying and we walk off.. She decided we should go out the In door because it would be amusing.. So I just did, I was still off in my own world.. We were walking away when suddenly a man stopped us and said that he seen us shoplifting.. I was shocked. I explained I had not stolen anything and as far as I knew Erica hadn't either. I told him I had an energy drink from co-op two days ago in my purse and a camera. Which is later exactly what he found in my purse. We also explained that Zack was inside paying for the chips we had bought and he said " yeah I know, I seen him. " But Erica on the other hand, he asked her to open her bag, she said it was just school stuff.. He took us upstairs, I was trying to be co-operate. He then emptied my bag, exactly what I said.. He then emptied Erica's bag.. Around $100-150$ worth of junk food.. Energy drinks, chocolate bars, etc. I was shocked. Erica admitted that she stole it all and I had no idea about it. Which honestly I didn't. But this guy claims to have saw the three of us standing in a circle watching Erica put stuff into her bag. But I just ignored it, the cops arrested us, they immediately let us know that they would NOT be charging Erica for it was her first offense, so they drove her home and informed her guardian. But they then informed me that they WOULD be charging me for Theft Under $5000 and Breach of Probation. ( I am on probation which is the reason they say they are charging me.) But they completely left Zack alone.. So on that note, if the only proof they have is seeing the THREE of us standing in a circle watching Erica, then shouldn't they have charged Zack ask well? And can they really let the actual shoplifter go, but the friend who didn't take anything get charged? On that note, this store has no cameras, so they cannot prove any of this, the only proof they have is the proof that Erica stole from the store for they found the merchandise in her bags. Can they really charge me for this or can I get off on it?
    josh01 Posts: 12, Reputation: -1

Nov 9, 2009, 07:09 AM

Your best bet is to consult an attorney. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

16 year old charged with 3rd degree theft, theft by deception, and forgery what will [ 2 Answers ]

I was charged with 3rd degree theft, theft by deception, and forgery for finding a debit card and buying 3 items in Bridgewater Commons Mall New Jersey that I believe came up to $300 I used credit and had to sigh the receipt I didn't use my name but the name on the card. I was brought to the police...

Charged for theft [ 2 Answers ]

If I am a convicted felon but in the process of getting my record exsponged, in the future will I be able to purchase a firearm

Charged with Theft Over 5,000 [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everyone... I know someone who was arrested for theft of $200,000 but being charged with theft over $ 5,000 I'm just curious what the charges would be from the lowest to highest Canada ont

Can you still be charged for a theft after? [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I live in Ontario,Canada and about 4 years ago I was fired for stealing from my employer. What happened was on several different times I would mark down the wrong amount of bowling league members down wrong and take the $$$$. Eventually I was caught and was fired, however, I got to write...

View more questions Search