Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    farzana79 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2009, 10:46 PM
    J1 waive
    Hi,

My Fiancé and soon to be husband in two months is on a J1 visa at the moment and I am a US Citizen. We would like to know how to go about waiving this J1 visa to at least waiving that two year going back to his country commitment? He isn't a medical doctor but a veterinary surgeon. Has anyone here had or heard of any success on getting approved for this type of waive?

Thank you

F
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

Nov 4, 2009, 07:11 AM

Complete this worksheet from the DOS website https://j1visawaiverrecommendation.state.gov/ to see if you are subject to 212(e), then consult with an experienced immigration attorney to confirm if there really is requirement for the 2 year home residence. Even if the visa is annotated and the DS-2019 is annotated, the attorney can check the FAM skills list for his home country to see if 212(e) really does apply.

If it does apply, you can get a "no objection" waiver from the home country government or a hardship waiver based on your specific situation if you are married.

On the west coast call BAL (or Shusterman), east coast call Fragomen (or Wolfsdorf), gulf coast call Foster Quan (or Fong). Congratulations and good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How would I ask the attorney to waive my 2 years conditionally dischare so I can join [ 3 Answers ]

Need to find this out very fast, asap thank you.

Waive child support? [ 4 Answers ]

I am living in NYS & my soon to be ex is in Florida. I already have court ordered child support that is being enforced through the Support Collection Unit, but my ex is after me to go to the court and tell them I do not want child support. (He is thousands in arrears and doesn't want them to...

Escrow waive [ 2 Answers ]

Escrow waiver is not exactly free. The mortgage companies want to charge a fee. An example is .25% of a point. I'm waiting to find out what homecoming mortgage Charges on my $49,200 mortgage. How do you figure .25% of a point. On my mortgage of $49,000 Your suggstions

How does my husband waive his rights to a child [ 5 Answers ]

My husband found out he had this daughter only 2yrs ago and he is now 8. how does he waive his rights to this little girl that has a family of her own

View more questions Search