Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ianmckinley Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2009, 09:38 PM
    Blind spot appeared, vanished.
    Hello,
    I was doing some paperwork this morning when I noticed that as I was writing, the words were disappearing. I seemed to have a small blind spot just to the left of my focus. This blind spot then seemed to grow for a period of about fifteen minutes to the point where a whole person could disappear if they were in my left peripheral. Then, just as fast as it came, it went away. I tried both eyes and the phenomenon was present in both. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or if anyone has any ideas as to what might have caused it.
    Thanks.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Nov 4, 2009, 12:59 AM

It could be a number of things, it would be irresponsible of me to speculate and be wrong. I think that you really need to see an Optometrist/Ophthalmologist NOW.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 4, 2009, 01:01 AM
    I have to agree with Chi, you need to get this checked sooner rather than later... especially if it was anything like a curtain closing over the eye kind of sensation... if that makes any sense.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What exactly is a blind spot [ 3 Answers ]

What is a blind spot and where do they come from

Printer has vanished [ 1 Answers ]

I recently upgraded to mac osx 10.5.2 since doing this my adobe pdf printer has vanished, I upgraded Acrobat to 6.0.2 and have tried to re install using all the methods I have found on forums but still no joy. I'm apprehensive about deleting anything as the instructions given refer to operations...

My Recycle Bin in Windows Vista has vanished! [ 6 Answers ]

Can anyone help with this problem? Let me explain first what I did before it disappeared. I installed CCleaner on my computer a few weeks ago, I remember seeing CCleaner options in the Recycle Bin Menu and decided to remove the same from the Menu, which I thought I did - by ticking boxes - in the...

Blind spot, headaches [ 7 Answers ]

I suffer from headaches when concentrating at a distance, e.g. when driving and looking at a projection in lectures. This is happening almost daily. The headache is behind my right eye. I am short sighted and wear contacts. I have visited the optician and my prescription is fine, but they noticed I...

View more questions Search