Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnmastillo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2009, 07:01 PM
    Power button blinking yellow
    I have a Dell Dimension E510. The power button is blinking yellow. I was told the mother board was bad. I order one and replaced it. The button is still blinking yellow and the computer will not turn on.

What is going on with my computer?

John
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Nov 3, 2009, 08:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by johnmastillo View Post
    What is going on with my computer?
    The Dimension E510 Service Manual dictates that a blinking amber power light indicates power supply or motherboard failure. Since the motherboard has been replaced, try replacing the power supply. Hopefully the new board has not been damaged by a faulty supply. For similar situations in the future when blindly troubleshooting by component replacement, replace the power supply first as they are less expensive than the motherboard and are more likely to be faulty.
    GrantHillsSA Posts: 405, Reputation: 9

Nov 7, 2009, 05:29 PM

Hi there

I know it may sound silly, but have you tried another power adapter?

Please let me know of this helped.
    Cheers
    Grant

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What does it mean when my light button on printer keeps blinking [ 2 Answers ]

What does it mean when my green power light on my printer blinks when I try to use the printer it says unable to connect I was told to uninstall it and it just says deleting it is almost like it is frooze

Won't power on, blinking green power light. [ 6 Answers ]

During a power outage last night, my computer was left on, now the computer won't turn on. The power light is blinking green. There is a surge protector in use.

No flame, Yellow LED blinking every second, blower working, How do I fix it? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Carrier Furance that is one year old. Everything appears to be working fine but no flame when I turn uo the T-stat. LEd is blinking every second. Any ideas? Chris

Hard drive blinking yellow light [ 2 Answers ]

My hard drive is blinking yellow light

View more questions Search