Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dincher Posts: 163, Reputation: 12

Nov 3, 2009, 06:58 PM
    Close internet friend won't add me to Facebook, but why?
    I have a "close" friend from the internet - met her on a blog. She happens to be a professional therapist.

I've been to her blog and she is licensed - very experienced in her field. Anyway, we struck up a good friendship and she even encouraged me to talk to her on the phone as the two of us went through heart break when both of our husband's cheated. She's really good to talk to and an older woman, so I really do like her and her intellectual and mature credentials. She's been very helpful to me, and I'm so glad I know her.

To make a long story short, recently, I asked her if I can add her to Facebook, but she keeps avoiding my question! But why? If she can give me her tele number and want to chat with me why wouldn't she want to add me to Facebook? :confused:
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 3, 2009, 07:10 PM

Does she have a public profile on FB?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2009, 07:12 PM

On Facebook whatever you type on your page goes to everybody else's page that are friends with her and so forth. She may feel worried that you may say something that she doesn't want other FB friends to know about or something.
    Why don't you send the request and let her accept or ignore and leave it go at that.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 3, 2009, 07:38 PM

So she wants to keep part of her life private ( assuming she has a Facebook page) But ifyou are good friends and talk, just ask her

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can't load Facebook in internet explorer [ 2 Answers ]

I can go to several sites, but when I try to get into Facebook it gives the top banner then locks up. Anyone have any suggestions?

Internet explorer won't close [ 3 Answers ]

Every time I try to close my internet an error message pops up and says "internet expolore has stopped working" and then asks if I would like to restart the program or search online for solutions and regardless of what I click on it restarts. How do I fix this?

How to close a hidden internet window? [ 7 Answers ]

When I'm trying to open my internet browser, (CometBird) it tells me that it is allrady running and I need to close it before I can open a new one. When I look at task manager it dossen't show that it is open. How can I close this thing or is it just something wrong with the program.

Why does my internet explorer 7 close [ 1 Answers ]

Hello and thanks for taking the time to help.. I am using internet explorer 7 and on certain web sites I receive an error message that reads. Internet Explorer has incountered a problem and must close, then it ask me to send a report or don't send. Anyone know how to fix this probem? I am also...

View more questions Search