Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sanddancer249 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2009, 01:09 PM
    Microsoft works
    After computer crashed, Microsoft works would not reinstall so took it back to a restore point created after crash. I went through the motions of reinstalling but after restarting programme will not open. My computer is a compaq and Microsoft works was free on hard drive when purchased in 2005
    GrantHillsSA Posts: 405, Reputation: 9

Nov 4, 2009, 04:52 PM
    Hey there

First of all. I know that Compaq does not supply cd's with drivers and apps. And now you want to reinstall Works right?

Fistly, open, My Computer and go to Local Disk C.
    There you will find a folder called "SWsetup". I'm now 100% sure if the Works installation files are there. But it's worth a try.

If it is not, then you must backup all your files and follow the recovery process.

WARNING - Doing the following will delete all your data. (Backup Data fisrt)

Turn off your machine completely. Now switch it on and keep pressing F11 every 3 sec until the recovery feature is accessed.

Follow the prompts, also if asked during this process for a Microsoft Recovery, say no, then select HP recovery on the following screen.

Your PC will now be like you bought it the first day. Hope this helped.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Microsoft Works 9.0 [ 1 Answers ]

When I close a file in Microsoft Works 9.0, it closes the program. How do I fix this?

Microsoft works [ 2 Answers ]

Memory out message when trying to print existing document using Word Processor program in Works. Only recent change is a new HP D1341 printer. Previous printer died. Windows XP version 2002, 256MB Ram

Need help with Microsoft Works [ 1 Answers ]

I get into my Microsoft works program to write letters and it will not allow me to type anything. It will allow me to type from my numbers pad but that is all it will allow. What is going on with this?

View more questions Search