Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davecz2 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2006, 05:53 PM
    Partition Commander
    I partitioned my hard drive into 4 partitions a long time ago. Now I wanted to go back and make the partition that I have my OS in larger because it is becoming to full. I'm supposed to be able to take space from one partition and ad it to another.

When I run the software all it shows is that I have one partition and it is called "O".
    My partitions are C - F - G - H.

I've booted from the Partition Commander v8 software and from the boot disk that I made and they both show the same thing.

I was tempted to reinstall the Partition Commander software but the warning message I got gave me pause. (Don't really remember what it said though).

Anyone know how I can get this software to work like iit is supposed to?
    davecz2 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2007, 02:11 PM
    I'll answer my own question.
    Once I disabled Norton GoBack I was able to do what I wanted to do with Partition Commander.
    It was not easy to find the answer to this.
    I'm surprised there aren't more people who have had this problem.
    bunty_ninja Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2011, 11:58 PM
    My suggestion would be use Partition Magic

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to format one partition? [ 6 Answers ]

I partitioned h. drive 80 Gb on two partitions. One is for OS and applications (10 Gb) and other (the rest) for everything. I want to format 1st partition w/out damaging other because, I guess, it cougth a virus. How can I do this? Thank you.

Partition Magic [ 4 Answers ]

Is it possible to move executable files (programs) from one partition to another? I am running Partition Magic Ver. 8 Thanks in advance

Partition or not? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Maxtor hard drive with 41 GB of free space and 16GB of used space.It never really differs from this. Should I compress the drive which is a option in the Properties folder for the drive or partition and if so how? Thanks

Partition question [ 5 Answers ]

Hey, I have a ? About partitioning, I want to partition my new PC with out going through the steps of using my reformat disk, is there any way to do this without going through this process? I don't want all my stuff just c drive only, any help with this matter would be gratefully appreciated, thxs...

View more questions Search